iPhone App v1.1 still broken?

Author

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest and greatest SysAid iPhone app and wasn't able to get it to work. I receive the following error, "Login Error. Incorrect login information."

I'm in a multi-domain environment and must declare "domain\username" when logging in. The URL is entered correctly, as is the username and password. If I open up safari, I may open and login into sysaid that way successfully. From what has been stated previously, this version of the iPhone app has a difficult time comprehending the "\" in the login name. Is this true?

When I searched for this issue on the forums, I found that LiranCohen stated the bug was known, numbered “6587”. Anyone else have the same problem or have an update on this? ETA on a new version?

Thanks!
SysAid Wiz

Yes yes very annoying that it doesn't work. However you can try a workaround that should work, however, adding filters to filter your own SR's is broken like is on anyone's mobile site (that uses multiple domains). You can still however use it for sumbitting SR's and such search by SR ID, or if you feel like scrolling down the entire list to find the SR.

Put two \\ in your username.

Domain\\Username

Matt

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec. 21, 2010 02:32 PM

SysAider

Thank you Matt, it worked!

I was finally able to log into the mobile app using the two \\ between the domain and username.
SysAider

Even with the \\ I keep getting "User does not exist in SysAid database."
Elite SysAider

Does not work for us either. i can log in but do not see any info, just a blank screen.
SysAid Wiz

are you logging into your normal site, or the mobile site?
Elite SysAider

the normal site. Should it me the mobile one?
SysAider

When I try the mobile site, it deny-s with a reply about the version of sysaid that were on, suppose to be 7.0 or higher, normal website gives me user not in database error.
SysAid Wiz

johnb wrote:the normal site. Should it me the mobile one?

Normal one, the mobile one freaks out.. I'm at a loss why it's not finding your creditenials in the databsse.
SysAider

5.7FSN wrote:Yes yes very annoying that it doesn't work. However you can try a workaround that should work, however, adding filters to filter your own SR's is broken like is on anyone's mobile site (that uses multiple domains). You can still however use it for sumbitting SR's and such search by SR ID, or if you feel like scrolling down the entire list to find the SR.

Put two \\ in your username.

Domain\\Username

Matt

Thanks Matt! Worked Perfectly.
SysAider

birneyw wrote:Even with the \\ I keep getting "User does not exist in SysAid database."

I still have this problem. Does anyone has a idea how to solve it?