How do i Clear Monitoring alerts

Author

How do i Clear Monitoring alerts from assets alerts? I am trying to start fresh. I removed all monitoring templates but I can still see the alerts.

Thank You
SysAider

I also need to know how I can clear an alert.
It states explorer.exe is not running on a workstation but it has restarted and is running yet I still have the error logged in alerts...
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi,

You can remove the alerts by Assets > Workstations/Servers and removing the configurations you have set up.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

But this removes all the custom monitoring specified?

I mean clear/ignore this one particular occurrence of the alert but continue to monitor for further issues as normal.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

The alert should disappear once the process is running. Make sure the SysAid Agent service is running and communicating with your SysAid Server - you can force an update by going to the Asset list, choosing the machine in question and clicking on Update now in the Update time field. Give it 5 to 10 minutes to refresh and check if the update time is recent and the alert disappeared.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

I'm having a similar problem with clearing alerts on servers. In my case, I was monitoring version changes of software running on the machine. It fired an alert but there's no way to clear it. It's not a process that has stopped and can restart. It's a software version that upgraded, there is no "reversal" for that. How can I clear this type of alert without deleting an entire set of tests that have been configured.
=====================================

Danny Tashiev wrote:
[i]The alert should disappear once the process is running. Make sure the SysAid Agent service is running and communicating with your SysAid Server - you can force an update by going to the Asset list, choosing the machine in question and clicking on Update now in the Update time field. Give it 5 to 10 minutes to refresh and check if the update time is recent and the alert disappeared.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,

[/i]Danny

Hi jwd1957,

This is currently not possible, but for a scenario like yours it sounds like a great feature request. I suggest creating a new topic in the Feature Requests forum with the description of how you would expect this functionality to look and work, and Avi will open a feature request for it in our system, and/or will follow up with additional questions.

Thanks for the feedback,
Danny