Monitoring - No long term data

Author

Hi All,
I have installed the Sysaid agent on several remote servers.
The basic graph for CPU, Mem and HD utilisation shows data from that last 24hrs but nothing for week/month/year.
Any suggestions as to were I can look to fix this?

Thanks
Ian
SysAider

It's a bug in the software. They are now working on it.

I'm apologizing for the troubleshooting, I just got a note that the issue with creating the weekly and monthly graphs is a new bug in the system number #13845.

For now it's taking care by our developers, in order to fix this so you'll be able to continue using the monitoring graphs populate properly.

You'll be notified once the bug will be resolved.

That's the answer they sent me yesterday
Super SysAider

Great! Not only my implementation then.
Are you running MSSQL, MySQL or the default Derby database?
Shy
SysAider

Dear Ian ,

Regarding the session we did regarding this matter , we have forward it to our R&D department for further examination as this has been discovered as a known issue .

A soon as we will have any news \ solution you will be notified .

Thx .
Super SysAider

Morning Shy,
Has the R&D team come back with any information yet?
Regards
Ian
Super SysAider

*Bump*

Any news on this?
Super SysAider

Still nothing?

Concerning.....
Elite SysAider

Apparently a SysAid is making no attempts to fix problems with 9.1 and are claiming all the issues will be fixed with version 14.1. Unfortunately they are dragging there feet with the release of version 14.1.

SysAid staffers have basically gone silent in the Beta forums, and they claimed that a release candidate would be released by now, but nothing.

This is getting beyond ridiculous.
Elite SysAider

FYI, long term monitoring data is not working in the 14.1 Release Candidate either.
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Hi,

indeed there is a bug related to long term data monitoring, R&D is currently reviewing it in order to give an estimated fix it.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Danny.
SysAider

@jb - did this get sorted in the release version?

Monitoring and capacity planning is a feature we are about to embark on implementing - if it's not going to give more than 24 hours worth of data then it's pointless to go ahead...
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Hi all,

We can confirm that indeed there is a BUG in the Asset Dashboard section, and we are working to fix it.
It does work though if you go to the Monitor list and choose the relevant asset/server you monitor.

Ido Shomer
SysAid CR
SysAider

Ido Shomer wrote:Hi all,

We can confirm that indeed there is a BUG in the Asset Dashboard section, and we are working to fix it.
It does work though if you go to the Monitor list and choose the relevant asset/server you monitor.

Ido Shomer
SysAid CR

Ok so there is a work around that we can use to get performance tracking data out over a period of time.
Other than reactive response to incidents that is the main reason you monitor - to track a trend so you can be proactive in assigning resources, planning updates/upgrades etc!
Elite SysAider

Long Term monitoring Data is still not working for us even in the Asset Dashboard section.

We have many devices that we have been monitoring for over a year or at least attempting to, I should say. Monitoring in SysAid has never been reliable for us in the 2+ years we've had the product.

Many of the devices don't have data going back more than a day, some may only have data going back a week, others maybe a month. All the devices use the same Monitoring template.

So I think for you to tell someone that is looking to implement this feature that it works correctly is incredibly misleading.

SysAider

Any update on this at all, we are trying to setup monitoring for our company and we are experiencing the same thing only getting about one days worth of data when there should be months.