Asset Limitation

Author

I have installed the Free Edition of SysAid and it is using the SQL Express installation. I intend to use it only for a help desk ticketing system for a small organization (50 users). Since the documentation says that the Free Edition would support 100 assets, I figured that version would be fine. The problem is, when I attempt to detect assets, it will not find more than 38. No matter what I do, 38 is the maximum. Is there an undocumented limitation? I love the product so far, but without it working for all of my users, I can't use it.
SysAid Wiz

Do you have a screenshot of the "about" page?

Thank you
Karlson
SysAider

Attached is the screenshot...
SysAid Wiz

Hi FBSJ,

How are the assets acquired?
WMI scan, SysAid Agent or manually?

In the Asset Management Are filter set?

thank you
SysAider

I've tried all 3 installation methods (WMI Scan, Deploy Agents, Manual Install). No filters are set. I've contacted support who informed me that they don't support the free version and I would have to purchase the basic edition. My question is why, since the free version is advertised to do more than I need it to do? Occasionally, I get an error 53 for the agent deploy, but most computers are fine.
SysAid Wiz

FBSJ wrote:I've tried all 3 installation methods (WMI Scan, Deploy Agents, Manual Install). No filters are set. I've contacted support who informed me that they don't support the free version and I would have to purchase the basic edition. My question is why, since the free version is advertised to do more than I need it to do? Occasionally, I get an error 53 for the agent deploy, but most computers are fine.

I think this is a bug in your Free Version! A free version is good for a look at the features. It will give you more fun with a paid version.

Also we have started like this and annoyed us a lot. With the full version or the Pro Plus version everything is better.

good luck

Karlson