Design Reports

Author

Is sysaid planning an update of the reporting module?

I want to be able to scheduled reports to a csv file with more than 8 column on a regular basis.
And let them be mailed or even automatically saved on a location on the network.
In our company we need the information also like that.

How do other people work with the reporting module?

I find it also very anoying if I miss a column that I can 't add it to my report but I have to desing a new report.

Am I'm doing something wrong? Could someone give me more advice?

Thx,
Tom
Former Community Manager

Hi Tom,

We are working on the reporting module. I've heard that we're reworking the UI first, and then will be making changes so reporting is easier to work with and there's more flexibility during use.

The report designer is used to generate an XML file with the information for the report. If you need to edit any reports, you can download the report by first clicking on it (it will then turn gray, but it can be difficult to see) and then clicking on the "Modify" button. Once the second window opens, click on the Design Report tab and you can download the existing report file. Use iReport version 3.7.6 to modify the report and then upload it back.

Michael
Super SysAider

Hi Michael,

Do you have any idea when this will be approx. introduced in a new version?
We can wait a few months but not to long.

Yesterday I followed the webinar from iReports, it look great but I'm not sure I can make the same reports and export them to excell.
I will test further with it today.

Former Community Manager

Hi Tom,

The UI changes are planned for 4th quarter, so within the next couple of months. Once the UI changes are in place, we'll be working on improved functionality during 2015.

As mentioned before, this is the current plan for development as part of our roadmap, but until release notes are formally released for the next version, I'm not able to definitively say what will be in the next release.

Michael
Super SysAider

Thanks for the info.

I als made progress. Instead of using sysaid reporting to export to excell i can also connect with excell to the sql db directly.
I successfully tested this and wrote a query to collect data.

However I have one additional question.
I made some custom views on my data, it would be nice if I could link this views to excell via a query.
That would make it very easy, just adjust the view in sysaid and the info comes in the excell.

Wher ecan I find these views in the database? See attachment for more information.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Former Community Manager

Hi Tom,

I'm checking with customer relations on this one to find more information. I've dug into the database a little bit, but not enough to give a good answer. Since you're using on-prem, you can download SQL Management Studio (https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/11154.page) to view all the tables and views.

Michael