Service request emails don't show the end user's email address

Author

I recently enabled incoming emails in SysAid. I set up an email address strictly for this purpose, and now have the ability to email that address and have a new Service Request generated.

Before, however, when the administrators received the service request notification, the email would appear to be from the end user that submitted the ticket, and we would be able to see who was sending in the ticket without even opening the message. Now, however, all notifications are coming in from this new email address I created just for the email service request generation. So, if user "mike" sends a request through the end user portal, the email I get in my inbox is from "sysaid@company.com" instead of "mike@company.com". Is there a way I can revert it back to the end user's address without breaking my new functionality? Or at least have the option to switch between the two

Also, I am having another issue with assets not being automatically selected, and started a thread on it a while back: https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/704.page

If anyone has the time I would appreciate some more insight as to how to get that working. I am well on my way to getting the software customized to our liking, so thank you in advance!

EDIT: Resolved. Clearing the contents of the "Email address" field on the Integration page allows you to still accept incoming emails and create requests but does not cause all emails sent to administrators to be tagged with this address. Don't know if this is a bug or by design; I'm just glad it's working. If anyone has time I would still appreciate help with my other thread, linked above. Thanks

EDIT2: Inaccurate. Okay, so when I cleared the contents of the "Email address" field under Incoming Emails, I also disabled the incoming email section, effectively putting me back to square one. Trying it with Incoming Emails enabled and the blank Email address field caused all notifications to appear from the address listed under the Outgoing Emails section. Clearing that cause emails to stop coming in altogether. So yes, I still need help with this. Sorry for the flip-flop.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec. 04, 2008 05:38 PM

Eli
SysAid Customer Success Manager

hey wbeers,

When you receive the email notification it will show you the requested user name who made the service request.

Best Regards,
Eli
SysAider

Eli wrote:hey wbeers,

When you receive the email notification it will show you the requested user name who made the service request.

Best Regards,
Eli

Yes, but when the email is received on mobile devices such as our Blackberries, we can see who the email is from without having to open the request. We also can reply directly to the email from the Blackberry without having to manually input the email address each time.

This is how it currently works for us - is the behaviour I'm describing by design, or is there some way for me to enable the incoming email feature without losing my individual email addresses?
SysAider

I would also like to have notifications be sent as an email as if it was sent from the end user and not the email address in the email integration.

In the past, before we implemented Email Integration all email notifications showed the email as if it came from the end user who submitted the request.

Has anybody got an idea how to achieve that and still have email integration?

Thanks
SysAid Mod

Freinds, not so many time ago i activate feature e-mail intagration too. And....
I can say, that problem of other e-mail address is here. If user send SR from user portal, in outlook i see addres of e-mail integration.
I want to have notifications from users email, not from the email address in the email integration.
Before I implemented Email Integration all email notifications showed the email as if it came from the end user who submitted the request.

Thanks, dear sysaiders.
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Федор
With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

Not Resolved. If i clear the contents of the "Email address" field in Incoming email, it allows me accept incoming emails and create requests but in this case all automatic emails sent to administrators tagged with address of outgoing email, not from changed user of administrator. This is a bug. In log i get error:
javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''
at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(InternetAddress.java:10
at com.sysaid.server.X.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sysaid.server.X.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sysaid.server.eF.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sysaid.server.C.b(Unknown Source)
at com.sysaid.server.C.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

UP
With best regards, Fedor
SysAider

feda_z wrote:UP

The Русский equivalent of "bump"?
SysAid Mod

Yes, friend... Who know how???
With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

help, friends....HELP...
With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

UP
With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

up
With best regards, Fedor
SysAid Mod

Not working...Any Ideas??
With best regards, Fedor
Super SysAider

Prior to using email integration users where emailing you directly?
Without email integration you must have been entering the service requests manually to SysAid.

If I understand the problem correctly you would like have the email integration create the service request for you automatically however you would like to receive a notification of the new service request as if it appears from the original sender.

I don't think this is possible through SysAid at this stage however you could set something up to give you a similar effect.

This may work:
1) Assume the users send their support email requests to "support@yourcompany.com"
2) If you are using exchange, also forward a second copy of this email to a distribution group "technicians@yourcompany.com" and add to this group the users who should be notified of new requests.
3) Configure your SysAid notifications for new service requests

You should now get a copy of the original email and so will the SysAid server, you will also get a second email with the related SR number.
SysAid Mod

Thanks for answer.
Without email integration user create SR in EndUser portal from their session.

Yes. you underatsnd problem correctly: i want to see email from the original sender, when they create SR in EndUser portal. But i agree to see email from "support@yourcompany.com", if SR created automatically, by Sysaid.

If i create integration for "support@yourcompany.com", all my SR will be from this email....
May be i am not understand your way?
With best regards, Fedor