Filter Options

Author
SysAid Mod

Hi all,

I wanted to know are there any filters in the "Asset List" except type, group, owner and department.

Can someone please post the filter options in as many sysaid sections as you can please.
Lev
SysAid Mod

Is there anybody with some filter knowledge please?
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Dear Lev,

What kind of filter would you like to create there?
Please let us know what exactly would you like to filter so we will be able to provide you with the relevant information.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas!
Vitaly.
Lev
SysAid Mod

Lev wrote:

Can someone please post the filter options in as many sysaid sections as you can please.

That will be the best option so that anyone can see and implement on his site without asking each time.

In the "Asset List: warranty (yes, its tricky. are there any options?),supplier.

Software Products: Supplier, Company, Date periods of support expiration date, Name (a,b,c - or add search please)

TNX and "S novim Godom"

Lev
SysAid Wiz

Hello Lev.

A drop down filter for "warranty expiration" is not possible to create since the field itself is a text field and not a drop down list.
You can use the static filter option (funnel icon in the asset list) to create a static filter for the warranty expiration field.

In order to add a drop-down filter for Supplier in the Catalog section, please do the following:

1. Go to System -> Catalog and click on “Customize List”

2. In the Customize List window, click on “Add” (to the right of Filter Menus) and enter the following information in the appropriate fields:

Name: Supplier (or any name of your choice)
List Field: s.name
Lookup Table: supplier
Lookup Field: name
Lookup Caption: name

3. Click on “Close” and then “Save”.

To add the "company" filter to the software products page, please use the below instructions:

1. Go to system -> software products and click on the “Customize List” button (blue cogwheel icon).

2. In the Customize List window, click on “Add” (to the right of Filter Menus) and enter the following information in the appropriate fields:

Name: Company (any name of your choice)
List Field: company
Lookup Table: company
Lookup Field: company_id
Lookup Caption: company_name

3. Click on “Close”.

4. Back in the Customize List window, you can save this “view” as a new view name, so you can always go back to the DEFAULT view if this one does does work.

5. Click on “Save”.

The supplier instructions are the same for the asset list and software products.

The software expiration date and name can be filtered using the static filter (like the warranty expiration)

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Lev
SysAid Mod

Dear Haim,

The supplier instractions don't work for some reason - see atached screen shot.
With this I got query error.
I'm using 5.6.09 on SQL Express.

Lev
SysAid Wiz

Hey Lev,

Your screenshot I can see that the instructions did not included the "order by" field, please type "name" in it as well, and the filter should work.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Lev
SysAid Mod

No - sorry.

still "error in query".

I used a new view with no additional filters - just the suppliers.
Lev
SysAid Mod

Anybody has an answer please?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 30, 2008 04:05 AM

Lev
SysAid Mod

UP
Ori
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Dear Lev,

Can you please tell me which version of SysAid are you currently using in your implementation?

Best Regards.
Ori Sharon.
Lev
SysAid Mod

Lev wrote:Dear Haim,

The supplier instractions don't work for some reason - see atached screen shot.
With this I got query error.
I'm using 5.6.09 on SQL Express.

Lev

Post No6

A full version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 30, 2008 03:58 PM

SysAid Wiz

Lev,
I'm not completely sure why the error in query is still showing.
Please open a service request in our helpdesk by sending an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com so we can continue investigating this issue.

Thanks.
Haim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 31, 2008 10:17 AM

Pushing IT forward
Lev
SysAid Mod

Ok ! Problem solved by Ilient

This gives you the option to add a supplier filter in the "Asset List" menu.

In order to add the Supplier filter to the asset list, please do the following:
1. Go to System > Asset List and click on the Customize List button in the top toolbar.
2. In the Customize List window, click on “Add” (to the right of Filter Menus) and enter the following information in the corresponding fields:
Name: Supplier (any name of your choice)
List Field: c.supplier
Lookup Table: supplier
Lookup Field: supplier_id
Lookup Caption: name
Order By: name
3. Click on Close and then Save.

Hope somebody will use it except me

TNX ILIENT !