Guide: Creating a basic report "service request list"

Author

Do these steps to create a simple report "Service Request":
1.log on as a manager then go to design Report then click on the root of the tree "sysaid" then click on the "new report" icon above the tree.
2. a new window will appear with this title "New Report Options" choose Empty Report then click save.
3. in the next window right this string next to the Caption: Service Request
4. in the same window click the Report design tab then click the Browse button next to the "Upload Report File" and choose the Service_Request.jrxml file from the attachment after that click Apply button.
5. move to the Prompt tab (in the same window) then copy the whole text from the attach prompt.txt and put it there after that click the apply button.
6. finally go to the script tab and then copy the whole text from the attach script.txt and put it there after that click the ok button and run the report.

Prompt.txt
Script.txt

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Dec. 25, 2008 05:56 AM

Pushing IT forward
SysAid Wiz

This is the third attachment
Service_Request.jrxml

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 25, 2008 05:56 AM

Pushing IT forward
Lev
SysAid Mod

Haim

Thank you for this tip.

How can I make this report to show only open requests, or all but closed? I have another category "Reminder" and I would like to exclude it too in the all but closed.

THX
SysAider

Would it be possible to get a Prompt and Script to create the Service Request List report using the Parameters that are in the Helpdesk Service Request lists, where the report is also found there?

In a nutshell I would like to be able to schedule the Service Request report that is generated from the Helpdesk screen (Its not included in the reports package) using all the filter parametres that are available in the Service Request report:

Status

Assigned To

Category

Urgency

This report when generated shows the information set in the Helpdesk views. Could the report also have a selectable view to generate the Service Request report in the Prompt and Script too?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 05, 2009 11:09 PM

SysAid Wiz

Hello uniti,

There is currently no option to schedule reports that are generated from the helpdesk list as they are not "reports" per-say.

You can use the manager portal to customize existing reports and change them to include the information you are looking for and those reports can be customized.

You can read more on how to customize reports in the manager dashboard guide at: https://www.sysaid.com/down/manager_portal.pdf

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Elite SysAider

Question for you on this...(thanks for the info, this what the primer I needed).

If I do exactly what you say here, it works.

If, however, I take the jrxml file load it into iReport and change something (like bolding a text field), then save it and upload the new report to SysAid, it only works as an Excel file.

The PDF only shows the Report Title, "Generated On", the Date, and the Horizontal Line. The Applet doesn't work. The Excel file gives me the full report (everything executes fine within iReport, but once it's on the server, it has issues with PDF and Java)

I reverted back to iReport 1.2.2 from 3.x because someone on the forums said that 3.x doesn't work (and they're right). Any thoughts?
Andrew Keppel
"if it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid"
SysAid Wiz

You can upload the jrxml along with the error you receive in the SysAid.log file when you try to run this report on PDF and i'll try to see if there are any pointers we can give you.

Regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Elite SysAider

Thanks Haim.

I have the XLS that was created successfully, along with the PDF that's not working, and the log-file at the time I was trying to pull the report.

The SysAid log appears to say that PDF-lib can't find Helvetica, but all of the fonts in the report are Arial, and it's generating the title and headers without a problem.
SysAid.txt

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep. 16, 2009 01:13 PM

Andrew Keppel
Elite SysAider

hm...the forum isn't letting me add multiple attachments...
Service_Requests.jrxml
Andrew Keppel
Elite SysAider

Yeah, ok, I think I got this one figured out. Ignore all my stuff.
Andrew Keppel
SysAider

How can I take this basic report and filter for closed tickets in the last month. Then filters for certain categories and then subcategories?

Your assistance is appreciated.
Elite SysAider

Go to the "Report Query" tool in iReport and add

Be sure to add the parameters into the prompt, the script, and the jrxml (via iReport).

PROMPT:
Add the following code snippits into your prompt (take out the line numbers). I added them immediately after:

<td class="Form_Ctrl_Fields">
<table class="Maxed">
<tr>
<td class="FieldBox">
${reportTitleDesign}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

SCRIPT:
Add the following into your script.

IREPORT PROCESS:
Follow these steps to add the parameters into your report template.
- Open up your report in iReport v1.2.2 or v1.2.3
- Select View > Parameters
- Select the New button
- Type REPORT_YEAR in the Parameter Name box
- Select java.lang.String in the Parameter class type box
- Check the Is for prompting box
- Click OK and repeat for REPORT_MONTH
- Save your report.
Andrew Keppel
SysAider

Hi Haim,

Thanks for this. When I run the report I get the following error

<HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/></HEAD><BODY dir=""><script>
alert("No data found");
window.close();
</script></BODY></HTML>

Am I missing something? I'm running version 6.5.08.

Thanks,

Keith

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 05, 2010 10:25 AM

SysAid Customer Relations

Hi Keith,

Can you give us more information please?
You can also attach SysAid.log
You can also send us an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com or open a SR in https://helpdesk.sysaid.com regarding this issue with short description and after recreating the issue attach:
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\logs folder (zipped)
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\serverConf.xml
...\SysAidServer\tomcat\logs
...\SysAidServer\logs\wrapper.log
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAid Wiz

andykeppel wrote:Thanks Haim.

I have the XLS that was created successfully, along with the PDF that's not working, and the log-file at the time I was trying to pull the report.

The SysAid log appears to say that PDF-lib can't find Helvetica, but all of the fonts in the report are Arial, and it's generating the title and headers without a problem.

Sorry to Bump an old thread, but what was the cause of this. Everything in my report says it's Arial, yet the log says it can't find helvetica? I'm using 1.2.3 (had previous newer versions). If I open and just save the file (was working), and then upload it, it generates the error. Excel and Java works just fine, just no PDF