Adding the Top Panel back in a SybType

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I'm customizing some templates and sybtypes and I think I've removed the Top Panel from some of them. How can I add it back? If I add a new tab named "Top Panel" it works as a normal tab.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi eugen.sechel,
you may have simply hidden the Top Panel: open a sub-type and check at the top right.
If you see "Show Top Panel", it has been hidden.

If you want to change the visible fields on the Top Panel for a specific subytpe:
- Click on Design Form
- Select the Top Panel under Tab field
- Add/remove fields
- Save
Badge +1
Sorry to bring this old thread back up from the dead, but if we did in fact delete the "Top Panel" tab from a Sub Type template, is there a way to re-create it without creating a new SubType?

Even though the "Delete" for the tab is greyed out within the Design Form of the SubType, there is a way around this, at least for on premise, the way it can be deleted is by opening the Sub Type, Selecting "Edit Sub Type View" > Design Form > Selecting a Workflow tab for "Page" > then switch "Page" back to "Top Panel" > and then the Delete button is there.

Then trying to "re-create" adds another regular tab as eugen.sechel mentioned.

This is at least true with Change Sub Types.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi samkat,
Unfortunately it can only be restored in the backend, reach out to our customer care to fix this for you in the backend by live chat or our Helpdesk.
Cheers,
Maayan

samkat
Sorry to bring this old thread back up from the dead, but if we did in fact delete the "Top Panel" tab from a Sub Type template, is there a way to re-create it without creating a new SubType?

Even though the "Delete" for the tab is greyed out within the Design Form of the SubType, there is a way around this, at least for on premise, the way it can be deleted is by opening the Sub Type, Selecting "Edit Sub Type View" > Design Form > Selecting a Workflow tab for "Page" > then switch "Page" back to "Top Panel" > and then the Delete button is there.

Then trying to "re-create" adds another regular tab as eugen.sechel mentioned.

This is at least true with Change Sub Types.