RCG - vs- Direct cConnection

• 15 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Afternoon All,

After much testing we are finding that Direct Connection works better for us.
We are using Sysaid On-Prem and our office is still 100% remote.

RCG can be a little.. problematic at times and Direct Connection is just more reliable for us at this time.

Does anyone know how to make Direct Connect the default method on the RC tab and how to set the checkbox for encryption by default?

Thanks
John

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
jsidoti
Afternoon All,

After much testing we are finding that Direct Connection works better for us.
We are using Sysaid On-Prem and our office is still 100% remote.

RCG can be a little.. problematic at times and Direct Connection is just more reliable for us at this time.

Does anyone know how to make Direct Connect the default method on the RC tab and how to set the checkbox for encryption by default?

Thanks
John

Hi jsidoti,
Will answer you in 2 parts:
1. To configure Direct Connection go to:
setting> asset mng > remote control settings > default method
for additional info you can check out this article as well:
https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/helpData.page?helpId=4154

2. Unfortunately currently default encryption is not available but I have added you to an open FR #58795 and you wil receive updates when there are updates on it.

Let us know how it goes!
Best,
Maayan
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Maayan,

that is where I thought it would be but I only see "SysAid Remote Control Gateway (RCG)" and "Always ask" listed in the dropdown

John
Userlevel 5
Badge
jsidoti
Maayan,

that is where I thought it would be but I only see "SysAid Remote Control Gateway (RCG)" and "Always ask" listed in the dropdown

John

Hi jsidoti,

Yes those are the options:
Remote Control Gateway (RCG) - If RCG is selected, the drop-down menu asking which remote control method to select is greyed out and remote control sessions start automatically using RCG.

Always ask - You choose the type of remote control session that is initiated (direct connection, RCG) each time you initiate remote control.

**Note that this page affects all places within SysAid from which you can initiate remote control except for the RC tab on the asset form, where you can always choose which method to use.

Hope this clear things up!
Cheers,
Maayan