Emails Not Coming in Correctly

Author

Hello,

I'm attempting to fix a bug that has been driving me nuts. When our users put in tickets via email, the description does not display correctly. For Example, I sent in a bulleted list as such:

"
  • I'm checking to see if special characters are working correctly.

• Please assign this ticket to me.

• Thanks In Advance

• DC
  • "

However, what I see in the ticket is:

"* ??I'm checking to see if special characters are working correctly. 
    * Please assign this ticket to me. * Thanks In Advance* DC "

I don't see anywhere to check the encoding settings for incoming emails. I should be sending as HTML/UTF-8 from OWA and Outlook in my environment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 31, 2015 02:17 PM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi donnyv12,

All editable SysAid fields are displaying plaintext only. You can view the original email formatting by clicking on the Messages tab inside a Service Record, and then clicking on the relevant message.
    You can also add the Messages field to the main General Details tab of your Service Record by customizing your Service Record form.
    In order to do that, please refer to SysAid Help > Customizing Forms.

If the above does not suit your needs, the functionality you described may be requested as a special project -- should you be interested, please contact your account manager and she will provide you with a quote and further information.

Thanks,
    Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 01, 2015 12:03 PM

Elite SysAider

There is a new option you can add to your designed incident template as well, I believe its called "SR Source eEmail". This will display a 2nd window similar to description that houses the full HTML look of the incoming request.

However doing this breaks the ability to go back to the main view after closing tickets (https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/12277.page) We have added the field to our template but just deal with the issue until we update our sysaid to the version that has it fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 01, 2015 11:59 AM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

gdudley - This is also a great suggestion!