Email Replies - No notification

• 18 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Active talker
  • 70 replies
I hope someone can help me out here, we are running SysAid on Prem ver v21.4.45 b17
We have a strange issue with email integration that i am looking to get sorted out.

The way we use SysAid is primarily through email integration . An employee will email our support mailbox, which will create a SysAid ticket. Most of the time a manager is copied on the email, and they will need to responded with an approval.

We receive the original ticket notification via email, we receive the notification of reply from the submit user via email, but we do not receive a notification reply email from the manager copied.

This is the important note....the managers reply is in the SR within SysAid but just do not get email notification.

Any idea why we are not getting the notification of reply from that other person. It's something that I can replicate, so it's not a user issue but more of a SysAid issue or configuration thing?

Thanks for the help.
-Evan

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Evan,

Addressing this question too:)

Can you share if:
1. Is it type incident or request?
2. Is this checkbox enabled? 'Route email correspondences with end users through the SysAid server:'
You can find it here: Settings > Integration > Email > Advanced Options Read more about it here
Otherwise contact our Customer Care team for further investigation by live chat or our Helpdesk

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

Btw - Are you familiar with our Workflow Designer? easily configure your workflows and approval chains and let SysAid track your processes send reminders and follow-up until IT is done.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Evan,
it's a matter of configuration!
A notification should be created in the settings and the correct recipient or group should be entered. If this is the case, the correct Notifications ID must be specified via the Workflow Designer under Attributes.

Since it can indeed become very large as described by Maayan, you should indeed notify the SysAid Support Team.

cheers
Karlson

Evan
I hope someone can help me out here, we are running SysAid on Prem ver v21.4.45 b17
We have a strange issue with email integration that i am looking to get sorted out.

The way we use SysAid is primarily through email integration . An employee will email our support mailbox, which will create a SysAid ticket. Most of the time a manager is copied on the email, and they will need to responded with an approval.

We receive the original ticket notification via email, we receive the notification of reply from the submit user via email, but we do not receive a notification reply email from the manager copied.

This is the important note....the managers reply is in the SR within SysAid but just do not get email notification.

Any idea why we are not getting the notification of reply from that other person. It's something that I can replicate, so it's not a user issue but more of a SysAid issue or configuration thing?

Thanks for the help.
-Evan