change request user field to an email address?

is there any way to configure the request user field to allow us to enter an email address??

I have some contractors that are not given a company email, and they email in requests via their personal email. we have so many contractors come and go so it's not possible to setup an end user account for all of them.
if an end user puts in a ticket on behalf of the contractor there is no way i can change the request user field to anything else other than one of our end users in sysaid.... Thus, the problem i am trying to work around.

2 replies

We have been running into the same issue with self-hosted SysAid.

The quick workaround is to run client-side JS in the browser Developer Tools (Chrome F12 > Console) to change the page content when editing a ticket:

$email = "example@example.com"

if (document.location.pathname == '/SREdit.jsp') {
$parentFrame = window.frames['contentFrame'].contentDocument
$parentFrame.getElementById("requestUser").selectedIndex = "0";
//$parentFrame.querySelector("input[name='userChanged']").value = 1 // Not sure if this is needed
$parentFrame.querySelector("input[name='submitUser']").value = $email
$parentFrame.querySelector("#requestUser option").value = $email
} else {
alert ("Edit a ticket then run the script.")
}

Then simply save the ticket.

It is also possible to fiddle a bit more with the code and create a bookmarklet or even run JavaScript code via a browser plugin to change the form element on page load.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

is there any way to configure the request user field to allow us to enter an email address??

I have some contractors that are not given a company email, and they email in requests via their personal email. we have so many contractors come and go so it's not possible to setup an end user account for all of them.

if an end user puts in a ticket on behalf of the contractor there is no way i can change the request user field to anything else other than one of our end users in sysaid.... Thus, the problem i am trying to work around.

Hi,

If you go to

Settings -> Integration -> Email -> Advanced Options

"Allow administrators to send messages to email addresses not registered in SysAid"

activated. 

You will no longer have problems communicating with non-registered users

If you want the non-registered users to also receive automatic emails, go to

Settings -> General

and activate:
Send automatic notifications to email addresses that are not registered in SysAid.

cheers

Karlson