Road Map's of Future Sysaid Releases

Author

I'm not sure everyone agree's but it would be very useful in having road maps for future releases of Sysaid for both On-Premise and Cloud customers.

I think a brand new topic or thread detailing what's going to be next in a release of Sysaid, just to make things more transparent. Also making customers aware of when to expect releases to go live.

What do you guys think?
Super SysAider

**Bump**

Isn't anyone else interested in this or have I missed a trick and this information is already available somewhere?
SysAider

I am interested in this...
SysAid VP Marketing

Hi both,

Thanks for the feedback. Once we are finished with the latest release and we kick off the next, we're planning to open a forum dedicated to this.

For cloud we're thinking about the best way to do this, as releases are much more frequent so we need to decide whether to post for every release, or provide a high level overview that covers off the next 2-4 releases (I hope that makes sense).

Other than simply "what is coming", is there any other information you would find beneficial as part of this?

Many thanks,

Sophie
Super SysAider

I personally would like to see what New Features will be added during the releases that have been voted and talked a lot about via the Feature Request threads. As well as bug fixes...

Is there going to be any User Interface changes and improvements? Are we going to get more freedom within the system to change colour schemes, fonts etc?
SysAider

I'd like to see this too. There have been a few feature requests that just sit in the queue for years and customers are left without any clue whether it will ever be considered. Some of them have a lot of votes as well.
SysAider

SophieDanby wrote:Hi both,

Thanks for the feedback. Once we are finished with the latest release and we kick off the next, we're planning to open a forum dedicated to this.

For cloud we're thinking about the best way to do this, as releases are much more frequent so we need to decide whether to post for every release, or provide a high level overview that covers off the next 2-4 releases (I hope that makes sense).

Other than simply "what is coming", is there any other information you would find beneficial as part of this?

Many thanks,

Sophie

Is there an ETA on when the next On-Premise version will be released and what it will fix?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Jamie wrote:Is there an ETA on when the next On-Premise version will be released and what it will fix?

Hi Jamie,

The next On-Premise version will be released this week and will include the following features and bug fixes. Please note that these release notes are for 15.2 beta, and some additional bug fixes and features will be included when the final version is released.

Cheers,
Danny
Super SysAider

**Bump**

From Sysaid's perspective, has anything been decided yet?
Super SysAider

Any further input from Sysaid?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi,

The topic is still in discussion and we will update this thread once we have more information.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAid VP Marketing

NMUK wrote:Any further input from Sysaid?

Hey NMUK,

Quick question, are you a cloud or on-premise customer please? If you're a cloud customer it would be interesting to hear your views on how you'd like this information to be shared (as for the reason in my message above).

The latest on-premise release went out this week, which means within 1-2 weeks time we will start discussing plans for the next. As part of this we'll be talking about a dedicated forum to discuss the roadmap and plans.

I understand that you'd like a dedicated forum, updates on planned bug fixes, and status of feature requests. Is there anything else that you would find of benefit? Do you think it would be most useful to stick to talking about the upcoming release, or to also include discussion on other planned improvements/enhancements that are penned for further down the line (e.g. within 1 year).

We appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks,

Sophie
Super SysAider

SophieDanby wrote:

Hey NMUK,

Quick question, are you a cloud or on-premise customer please? If you're a cloud customer it would be interesting to hear your views on how you'd like this information to be shared (as for the reason in my message above).

The latest on-premise release went out this week, which means within 1-2 weeks time we will start discussing plans for the next. As part of this we'll be talking about a dedicated forum to discuss the roadmap and plans.

I understand that you'd like a dedicated forum, updates on planned bug fixes, and status of feature requests. Is there anything else that you would find of benefit? Do you think it would be most useful to stick to talking about the upcoming release, or to also include discussion on other planned improvements/enhancements that are penned for further down the line (e.g. within 1 year).

Many thanks,

Sophie

Hi Sophie

I am a cloud customer - In my opinion I think the high level overview route you proposed would be beneficial to Cloud customers (i'm not sure what other cloud customers think)?

I think that the more information is given to customers the better really. As it stands we really don't know what is coming in the next release until someone has announced it a week before on the forum here or we get the little icon appear above the announcements icon.

It would be also good to include all bug fixes and feature request implementations that will be included in the upcoming release. For future releases this would also be beneficial, we would then know that Sysaid are listening when we are adding bugs and feature requests that need to be looked at asap.

To often there are feature requests that get loads of forum responses and votes and yet they are not added.

To often I find bugs, they get reported and I never get informed of when they are fixed.

All of these included going forward would be fantastic.
SysAid VP Marketing

NMUK wrote:
SophieDanby wrote:

Hey NMUK,

Many thanks,

Sophie

Hi Sophie

I am a cloud customer - In my opinion I think the high level overview route you proposed would be beneficial to Cloud customers (i'm not sure what other cloud customers think)?

I think that the more information is given to customers the better really. As it stands we really don't know what is coming in the next release until someone has announced it a week before on the forum here or we get the little icon appear above the announcements icon.

It would be also good to include all bug fixes and feature request implementations that will be included in the upcoming release. For future releases this would also be beneficial, we would then know that Sysaid are listening when we are adding bugs and feature requests that need to be looked at asap.

To often there are feature requests that get loads of forum responses and votes and yet they are not added.

To often I find bugs, they get reported and I never get informed of when they are fixed.

All of these included going forward would be fantastic.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. I hope to be able to post plans for this shortly, as soon as we start addressing the next batch of releases (now circa 1 weeks time).

Best wishes,

Sophie
Super SysAider

Many thanks Sophie - I am looking forward to the response and information