Can not send attachment in PM

Author

I can not believe that no one has noticed that it is impossible to send an attachment over a PM on this forum.

See attached screenshot of options I have when sending a PM.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi,

We are aware of this limitation and are looking into methods of changing it.

Moving this thread to Community Related Issues forum.

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun. 04, 2015 07:41 AM

SysAid Wiz

Right, OK.

DannyTashiev wrote:Hi,

We are aware of this limitation and are looking into methods of changing it.

Moving this thread to Community Related Issues forum.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi,

To update: this has been considered, but unfortunately is not possible under the current forum platform. Until a major overhaul is decided upon, we suggest using Dropbox/Google Drive or any other file hosting website and send a URL should you need to send a file through a private message.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

You're kidding, right?

Didn't you guys already overhaul it?

Was the requirement of this feature not thought about at that time?

Sorry, I just can't believe this is the case.

To update: this has been considered, but unfortunately is not possible under the current forum platform. Until a major overhaul is decided upon, we suggest using Dropbox/Google Drive or any other file hosting website and send a URL should you need to send a file through a private message.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Danny

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, this feature was not a requirement and does not frequently appear in other forum systems either (without third-party addons). Since the most effective (and default) route for receiving SysAid support is through our helpdesk, which does support attachments, combined with the ease of use of cloud file hosting websites such as Google Drive and Dropbox, this particular functionality was not deemed critical.

We do however respect the desire for this feature, which is why it has been noted for a future change.

Thanks again for the feedback and your understanding,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

Thanks.

It's just a bit disappointing though. It seems so easy to implement since you already have this for threads.

Thank you.

As far as I'm aware, this feature was not a requirement and does not frequently appear in other forum systems either (without third-party addons). Since the most effective (and default) route for receiving SysAid support is through our helpdesk, which does support attachments, combined with the ease of use of cloud file hosting websites such as Google Drive and Dropbox, this particular functionality was not deemed critical.

We do however respect the desire for this feature, which is why it has been noted for a future change.

Thanks again for the feedback and your understanding,
Danny

I understand how it might seem easy, but it actually requires a major code overhaul and database changes in this specific forum system

Cheers,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

Surprising.

I have to say.

DannyTashiev wrote:I understand how it might seem easy, but it actually requires a major code overhaul and database changes in this specific forum system

Cheers,
Danny