"Last Messages" window

Author
Super SysAider

Hi.
When I click on the "Home" page it displays 4 panels "Users Online", "Fault Log" (have customized this term), "Recent Forum Topics" and "Last Messages".
I have two issues with what is displayed here.

1. the "Users Online" displays me and any other user logged in and it always displays "Guest"...always! why is this?

2. the "last Messages" panel never has anything in it. I assume it should display messages that have been emailed in, but I have tested this and have not yet got anything into this panel, even after there are SR's generated from incoming emails.

cheers
SysAider

I can't speak to the "Guest" we have an administrator who seems to always be logged in as well, even with his system off.

But as to the Last Messages this list the messages that pop up when you or someone else puts a ticket into your list. If you delete these messages from the pop up, as I do, this area will always be empty.
APN
Super SysAider

hi there
thank you for the response, but I am not quite sure what you mean by "...put a ticket into your list..."

we generate service requests, and we can assign them to differnt people. The panel labeled CSS or Helpdesk shows that I have 6 active service requests assigned to me, but the "Last messages" panel is still empty.

There must be something obvious I am missing, or maybe a setting I have altered that has caused this.

I have attached a screenshot of this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 21, 2009 03:45 PM

SysAid Wiz

Hello APN,
The "last message" box is showing the last instant message that were sent to you from inside SysAid.
If you are not using instant messages in SysAid (for notifications of for communication between the administrators), then this box will always be empty.

I will have to check regarding that "guest" user and get back to you.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
APN
Super SysAider

We have never used sms messaging for this product, and is not an option for us.
I have the free trial version of SysAid still installed on my machine and have just checked that, and it has two items in the "Last Message" and they seemt to be the last to Service Requests that were entered.
Is it possible to have SR's displayed in the Last Message panel? or maybe emailed SR's? that would be very handy.

cheers
SysAid Wiz

The instant messages are not SMS,but a different feature inside SysAid which provide internal messaging between administrators.

If you will click on the envelop icon on the top bar in SysAid, in the "send method" field, you have three options, email, SMS and instant messaging", if you will send yourself in instant message, you will see exactly how it operate.

This is a great way to update the administrators on their SysAid duties, and you can even set up instant messaging as notifications for service requests in SysAid, and this is probably what's configured on your system and this is why you have those messages in the "last messages" window.

Haim
Pushing IT forward