Couple HelpDesk questions

Author

Some background: I am IT Manager for a non-profit health organization with 9 physical sites in 3 cities. I run an IT shop of 2 that mainly runs everything through TS, which makes it possible for us to support no matter where we are. What I want to do is have tickets come in with no assignments and then allow me to assign them to whoever I wish.

My issue is this...from what I see to assign the ticket, I have to open the ticket itself and assign it. And when I do that...the status doesn't automatically change.

So two questions:

1. Is there a way to assign a ticket from the Help Desk List, without having to go into each individual ticket?
2. Is there a way to set it so that when a ticket gets assigned....it switches to Open status?
SysAid Wiz

Dear Tohanry,
Welcome to the SysAid community.

SysAid provide several ways to create automatic assignment of service requests. you can do it using routing rules (preferences > helpdesk settings> routing) another way is to use escalation rules (under preferences > helpdesk settings escalation), those two options allow you to set up automatic assignment of service request, in the escalation rules that can also be achieved, but it require you to specify the status change as a part of the rule.

Best regards.
Haim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 26, 2009 02:54 PM

Pushing IT forward
SysAider

I tried to setup the routing rule...and I can set it to go to a group (so the two of us get notified) but it didn't change the status. The status stayed as New. Am I doing anything wrong with this?
SysAid Wiz

Tohanry,
Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry for the confusion, i tested it again, and it is working for you as it should, the routing keep the status at "new".
If you are using routing rules to route your service requests, you can create an escalation rule that will automatically change "new" service requests to "open"after they have been assigned.

To do so, create a new escalation rule (under preferences > helpdesk settings escalation). there, configure it to run on service requests with status open, that are assigned to any of the administrators, and in the bottom part, you can choose to change the status to open.

Best regards.
Haim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 26, 2009 03:02 PM

Pushing IT forward
SysAid Wiz

This would be a good one to move into Feature requests. In the same way that you can change the status from the HelpDesk List, you could be able to assign an Admin from the list too.
When the going gets tough, the tough get SysAid
SysAid Wiz

BJINS wrote:This would be a good one to move into Feature requests. In the same way that you can change the status from the HelpDesk List, you could be able to assign an Admin from the list too.

BJINS,
This post is not directly related to assigning the admins from the list, so i don't want to move the entire post to the feature request forum

You are welcome to open your own post in the feature request forum if you are interested in having this feature in SysAid

Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAid Wiz

Haim wrote:
BJINS wrote:This would be a good one to move into Feature requests. In the same way that you can change the status from the HelpDesk List, you could be able to assign an Admin from the list too.

BJINS,
This post is not directly related to assigning the admins from the list, so i don't want to move the entire post to the feature request forum

You are welcome to open your own post in the feature request forum if you are interested in having this feature in SysAid

Haim

Actually this already in the feature request forum see mine & obelix's superview request of which this is one of the features! vote here :- https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/358.page#4171
Lev
SysAid Mod

Everybody !!!

Vote for this FR !!!