A few questions

Author

Hello!

I have a few questions for you:

1st question:
I have configured email outgoing messages to be in HTML format.
Then I configured the customized notifications in order to be HTML friendly.
One of the more important changes is to add a <BR> at the end of each line. Otherwise, all the text is sent without feedlines.
However, when I click on any "Send message" button in the application, the text is sent without feedlines.
Is there a place where I can edit that particular template?

2nd question
We would also like to know if there is a way that those fields are richtext?
Ideally, a WYSIWYG interface would be great.
If not possible, a copy paste from another richtext source would do the trick...

3rd question
I sent the two questions above to your supoort by mail, but didn't receive any answer... Did you receive those mails? Shall I ask to my mail administrators why I didn't receive your answers??

4th question
Our system is now in production, and I am testing the email integration. Yesterday, I tried configuring an email account to receive SR by mail (it didn't work, but I am still working on it). That mail account is different from the mail address that I configured as email address for outgoing emails.
As I was testing, I started receiving SR from the testing mail address instead of the one configured for outgoing emails... ?!?!
What went wrong??
Lev
SysAid Mod

Hi Newtosysaid

Can you please explain the 4th question?
SysAider

Hi Lev,

Let's say I have:
- mail1@mail.com in the outgoing mail -> email address
- mail2@mail.com in the incoming emails -> email address

My understanding is that mails from the sysaid system will be sent on behalf of mail1
And mails sent to mail2 will be imported into sysaid.

However, when I configure email integration with mail2, I start receiving mails from sysaid on behalf of mail2.... ?!?
SysAid Wiz

Hello NewToSysAid,

1. SysAid should not require a <BR> tag for each new line, we have programed SysAid to create a new line for each new line you do in SysAid, please make sure that under preferences > integration > email, in the "content type" field make sure the below is typed into this field:
text/HTML; charset=utf-8. Make sure that you type HTML in capital.

2. This is a feature request that was opened in the feature request forum, you can find it in the feature requests forums and give your vote to it.

3. Please send me your email address in a private message and i will check if we received the emails from you.

4. If you don't have incoming email in SysAid, then SysAid will use the email specified under the "outgoing email". But if you will configure incoming email address, the emails will be sent from the incoming email address.

The logic behind this, is that if you have incoming email integration, you would want the replies to your emails will be sent back to SysAid.

Best regards.
Haim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 27, 2009 12:38 PM

Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Hello Haim,

First of all, thanks a lot for your answer
Now about my questions:

1. In my configuration I have: text/HTML; charset=utf-8
When I changed it to plain/HTML; charset=utf-8 sysaid stopped sending emails... ?!?!?!

2. I will look for it and give it a vote

3. I am sending you my mail address in PM

4. Two comments:
By the way it is working, if someone replies to that mail, will sysaid recognize it as a followup for that SR, or will it create a new one?
What we were thinking is the following: about 90% of our users will create new SR using the web application. In that case it is intereresting to receive the mail on behalf of the user.
But 10% of our users can't access the web application, or may be travelling, and for those it would be interresting to use the email integration feature.
In that optic, it can also make sense to send mails from the requesting users
But that's ok

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 27, 2009 11:44 AM

SysAid Wiz

NewToSysAid wrote:Hello Haim,

First of all, thanks a lot for your answer
Now about my questions:

1. In my configuration I have: text/HTML; charset=utf-8
When I changed it to plain/HTML; charset=utf-8 sysaid stopped sending emails... ?!?!?!

2. I will look for it and give it a vote

3. I am sending you my mail address in PM

4. Two comments:
By the way it is working, if someone replies to that mail, will sysaid recognize it as a followup for that SR, or will it create a new one?
What we were thinking is the following: about 90% of our users will create new SR using the web application. In that case it is intereresting to receive the mail on behalf of the user.
But 10% of our users can't access the web application, or may be travelling, and for those it would be interresting to use the email integration feature.
In that optic, it can also make sense to send mails from the requesting users
But that's ok

1. sorry, i miss-typed the syntax, it should be text/HTML, please get it back to it.

3. will take a look and let you know.

4. If the user will reply to an email from SysAid and will not change the subject line (or at least keep the SR#NUMBER syntax in the subject), then the service request in the subject will be updated and it will not open a new service request.
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Hello Haim,

1. I have it configured to text/HTML, and it doesn't create the breaklines in the mails ... :-\
Am I missing something?

The other questions are answered

Thank you!
SysAid Wiz

NewToSysAid,
Which version of SysAid are you currently using?
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

I am using v5.6.07
SysAid Wiz

NewToSysAid , I sent you a private message with a possible solution.

Please keep me updated.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Lev
SysAid Mod

Please post the solution\explanation for the issue after it solved.
SysAid Wiz

Lev,
The solution has been found.
To resolve this issue, go to preferences > integration > email and under "content type", type text/html; charset=utf-8 (lower case)

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward