Screen Capture

Author

Screen Capture stopped working. Not visible.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Ziebart,

This field only appears if you accessed the End-User Portal by pushing the F11 hotkey. At the time you pressed the hotkey, SysAid took a screenshot of whatever was on your screen. That screenshot appears there. Check the box if you would like to submit the screenshot together with your incident.

When editing the incident submission form, the field will not be visible on the main screen, but will appear when pressing on Design form icon, under "Visible fields" list.

1. Does the field appear under "Visible fields" list?
2. If so, can you see this field as an end-user when pressing F11?

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Thanks for your help Danny. Is this function only available when the f11 hotkey is pressed? Is there anyway to attach a screen capture if the end-user does NOT use the hotkey?

Only if the user manually takes a screenshot using another software and attaches it to the ticket. This is due to the SysAid Agent itself taking the screenshot when F11 is pressed.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

F11 doesn't work for me. F11 will expand my browser to full screen. What am I doing wrong?
SysAider

I need to turn off the Sysaid F11 hot key as my autocad users want to use F11 for
a Autocad function. How do turn off this hot key function?
Thanks
Richard

Hi RIchard,

You can change it under Settings > Network Discovery > Agent Settings Management, under "Hot key". You can use these settings when deploying new agents. To use it for existing agents, you can go to your asset list, select the relevant assets, go to More Actions in the action bar, select Agent Settings, and select the correct item.

Cheers,
Danny