"This page can’t be displayed" error.

Author

Hi There,

I am a first time SysAid user.

I installed the SysAid free helpdesk software on a Windows Server 2012 Standard R2 VMWare machine. The installation wizard finished without any errors.

However, when I now click on the SysAid desktop shortcut it gives the "This page can’t be displayed" error.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Gerhardt,

Please make sure the SysAid Server service is running in Windows Services. If it's already running, please try accessing localhost:8080 in a browser on the server itself. If this works, please check that port 8080 is opened in your firewall(s).

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Thank you for the reply.

I am getting this error on the Server itself and the SysAid service is running.

Can you please check that your port 8080 is open?

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

There is no Firewall involved yet for the port to be the problem.

I am getting this error on the Browser of the Server where I have SysAid installed.

http://127.0.0.1:8081 is my URL. (I changed the port from 8080 to 8081 during the installation process)

Sorry, my bad

I suggest restarting the SysAid Server service and checking if it works. If not, can you please send us SysAid logs from your server? To download the logs you can either:
Click on your profile on the top-right of the SysAid screen > About, and in the popup window that opens click on "Download Log File".

If the above doesn't work, please collect following folders/files manually:
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\tomcat\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\serverconf.xml
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\sysaid.ver
...\SysAidServer\conf\wrapper.conf

Afterwards, please create a ticket in our Helpdesk, copy your issue description, and attach these log files, and once you have a ticket number, please post it in this thread and I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

My Service Record has been received .
The ID of the Service Record is: 1298562.

SysAider

Hi Danny,

I Received the following reply after from SysAid:

Hi Gerhardt,

We do not support free accounts you cantry and reinstall it on a different port then 8080 or to check sysaid community on the net

Best Regards,

Inna Rozman
Business Services Account Manager

Hi Gerhardt,

Sorry, seems like Inna got to the ticket before me We generally don't support Free users at this level, but I'd like to help out here.

I'm attaching a file here named "log4j.properties", which you should put in your \SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\ folder, replacing the previous file. Please stop the SysAid Server service first, and backup the old file under a different name if possible.

https://sysaid.exavault.com/share/view/953y-12upj7an

After replacing the file, please restart the service and check if the issue is resolved.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

I really appreciate your assistance.

I replaced the file as per you instructions, however it did not resolve the issue. I am still getting the same error in my browser.

Hi Gerhardt,

The last things I can suggest would be to do check that your MS SQL is running and properly configured, and if it is - uninstall and reinstall SysAid fully (including MS SQL).

If the above fails, I'm afraid this issue goes beyond the scope of support we're able to provide for SysAid Free users.
I would suggest considering purchasing SysAid Basic edition, or using SysAid Free Cloud, which will eliminate any installation problems on own server. Alternatively, you can check out SysAid Trial to see what the full version includes for a limited time period, with some scope of installation support.

Cheers,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov. 05, 2015 08:36 AM

SysAider

I know this is an old thread however I had the same problem. I had to manually add the new port inside of inbound windows firewall rules on the server. This resolved the issue.