Change Management Workflow Dependencies

Author

I've been trying to set this up so that the "Approved" dropdown must be set to "Yes" and the workflow item completed before the next workflow item actives. The attribute never seems to work. I can complete the previous item and set it as yes, but the concurrent tab never because active.

The Condition Type is "And"
I have tried both "On activation" and "On completion"
Filter Expression is displayed as "Approved = yes"
I've written the 'Y' in both upper and lower case just to be sure.

At this point, I don't know what to try. "Yes" is in the dropdown, but in the expression builder I have to type it. I've tried using 1,2, and 3 as the values in case it was key related.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi riffbw,

I have tested this and it indeed doesn't appear to work when "on activation" is selected. I'll open a bug for this and move this thread to the Bug Tracker forum.

Regarding "on completion" - it appears to work. Can you please try this again? The value you need to set is indeed "Y". Please let me know of the results.

Cheers,
Danny

To correct my previous post: the "on activation" dependency is actually working as it should, which means that when the action item is activated, it triggers the dependency. Therefore, in your case, you should use the "on completion" method for triggering the next action item activation.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Thanks Danny. I have tried the "On Completion" with "Approved = Yes" again and I still does no activate the workflow item.

As mentioned, "Approved = Y" is the correct value. Please note that this also requires the previous action item to be completed.

Cheers,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 08, 2015 10:31 AM