Credentials List

Author

Settings

Network Discovery

Credentials List

SysAid Credentials allows you to store admin credentials for all of the domains you need to access. The relevant credentials are automatically applied when you deploy the SysAid agent via the RDS.

All credentials that you enter here are encrypted in the database and transferred to the RDS in encrypted format to ensure the security of your sensitive information.

To add new credentials

To delete credentials

• Select the check boxes corresponding to the credentials you want to delete, and click Delete.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug. 18, 2016 01:49 AM

SysAider

Hi guys,

So where in here do you specify the community string as in V1 / V2?

SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi storkyIV,

Can you please clarify what you're referring to?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi All,

So we are using v17.2.04 b3.
In the older versions, you used to be able to specify a V1/V2 community string for SNMP scanning. I can't find where this is in the version we are using.
It mentions SNMP V3 credentials but nothing for earlier versions.

Regards
Simon

Hi Simon,

When you go to Settings > Network Discovery > SNMP Scan > Add New SNMP Scan, does the SNMP Version field appear?
SysAider

Hi Danny,

So yes, I can select the version within the SNMP scan option as shown in Pic1, however when I specify credentials, there is no option to enter a community string as required for SNMP scanning as defined in Pic2. Our network switches for example use SNMP v2 and require a string to authenticate thus bringing in the relevant information.

Alright, sorry for the confusion. I have consulted with the team and the fields that should be used are User Name and Password. I've forwarded a request to reflect this in the help file for that page. It is mentioned in SNMP Scan Form help page however:
Be sure that the selected credentials contains the correct community name in the User Name field, and that the password field contains the community string. Also ensure that the Valid for SNMP check box is selected.

Cheers,
Danny