SLA timers in sysaid.

Author

HI,

I am fairly new to sysaid and would like to see if someone can confirm how the escalations in sysaid are sent.

Currently we have a timer which runs for any incident is not closed, awaiting user feedback or 3rd Party. However when we get a ticket an escalation email will still be sent to the technician 10 hours before the due date. I believe this is caused by the due date not being affected by the status of the ticket.

If I replace the existing rules which are using the due dates for sending the escalation would setting it to use the timer instead mean the status of the ticket would affect the escalation email.

Thanks in advance.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Could you please clarify - you mean that an escalation notification is sent 10 hours before the due date, even when the ticket is set to status Closed, even though the escalation rule is set to only look for Active tickets?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

HI Danny.

To clarify we get escalation emails when the ticket is 10 hours before the due date and is not in a closed status. Setting a ticket to the status awaiting user feedback or 3rd party has no impact on the due date.

So you're interested in not sending the notification when the ticket is awaiting response, correct? I'm not sure which rule your filter screenshot belongs to, but I'd suggest filtering out these statuses from the filter - please let me know which rule this applies to.

I would also suggest re-ordering the escalation rules by their time in terms of Escalation Level, with the lower-level rules having the least time, as a rule will not run if the tickets escalation increased above the rule's level. Additionally, please note that escalation rule times go by your operating times.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

HI Danny,

Yes the goal I have is for the fix time for any ticket to pause when the ticket is in awaiting user/3rd party and to resume again when the ticket is set to open. Sorry if I haven't explained that very clearly.

By "Fix time", do you mean the Time to Repair timer, or something else? The escalation rules will run for the filters you have set them. The Time to Resolve will not stop until the ticket is Closed, by default. You can change the filter for the Timers under Settings > Service Desk > Timers.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

So if the time to repair is set to not stop until the ticket is closed by default is there a way to change this? The filter screenshot I sent before was how the time to repair timer is currently configured.

If you already have it configured like this, then the timer will not count the time the ticket is in those statuses. Your initial question was about Due Date, and it doesn't look at Time to Repair directly, only at what is set for it in Settings > Service Desk > Due dates.

Cheers,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug. 03, 2016 08:17 AM

SysAider

So to stop the notifications for escalations being sent out should the rule be changed from sending 10 hours before the due date would I be better setting the escalation to 40 hours into the time to repair timer?

If that fits your purposes, then sure!
SysAider

Fantastic. Thanks for your help.