Schedule to archive old tickets?

Author

Hey Community!

we've got a lot of verified closed tickets and manually archiving them all, as much fun as it is, will take a large chunk of time to do and keep on top of. is there a way to archive aged tickets by schedule?

IE after 365 days all verified closed ticket gets set to Archive?

thanks in advance!
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi millhouse,

Sure thing. You can set up an Escalation Rule to look for tickets with status Verified Closed and in Query Builder their Archive value is No. and escalate those when more than 365 days have passed since Close time (for example). In the Action Builder set Archive to Yes.

You can find it under Settings > Service Desk > Escalation Rules, and learn more about it here.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

great!

I've run as test and it works as described. But....

We also have email alerts setup for admins when jobs change (users add info, helpdesk assign jobs to different admin groups etc...)

running the archive as an escalation also emails the assigned admin. even with the escalation job notifications set to off. is there a way to prevent this?

The only way to prevent this is for each admin to filter the automatic notifications sent to him to not include "Archived: Yes" tickets (or settings this yourself for all admins) under Tools > Administrators > [Admin] > "Filter" under "Receive automatic SR email notifications".

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

I realize this is an older thread but I need specifics on this process.

Is there a way to apply this filter to all admins at once to restrict the "incident has been updated" archive e-mail notification so that no one will receive it? Your instructions seem to be specific to each user, and we have several hundred that would likely receive these type of notifications if we enable an archiving rule.

Hi Lord Tk,

You can disable the admin notifications altogether under Settings > Service Desk > General, for the time of running the escalation rule. Afterwards, turn this back on.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

I completely understand that we can disable all notifications, but can we disable this specific notification so that it does not impact normal work during that time period?

Also, can this escalation rule be scheduled to activate during downtime and deactivate prior to work hours?

This may not be possible. I suggest checking for possible solutions with our Professional Services team - through your account manager.

There is also a feature request #25938 to be able to control the default configuration for "Receive automatic SR email notifications" filter, which may be relevant to this.

Cheers,
Danny
Super SysAider

Hi All,

I don't see a way to put XXX days in the escalation rule. I only see hours and minutes. Do I need to multiply up? 365 days X 24 hours = 8760 hours?

Thanks, David

Hi David,

That is correct. Please note the info mentioned in the help documentation:
Note: Escalation rules are triggered within a five minute (On-Premise) or ten minute (Cloud) window of the time you specify here. All times are calculated according to the operating times of the SR's request user.

Cheers,
Danny