SysAid Reports

Author

newbie,
If you still have issues connecting the SQL database to SysAid, please open a service request by sending an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com and we will be glad to assist you with connecting the database.

Also, if you are currently trialing SysAid using derby, you can continue using it, and later down the road, we can migrate your database to SQL.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

thanks a lot BJINS..
SysAider

thanks haim..
i already managed to install sysaid with ms sql 2005 database.. but havent finished creating table in the database.. but when trying to key in data in sysaid.. it works. so, may i know where is all the data that i stored? :-s
SysAider

hi guys,
there's 1 more questions that i would like to know..
if the link between external database and sys aid is successful, does that mean all the tables needed in the database is auto created by sysaid? meaning, we just need to create an empty table before installing sysaid.. that's all. then we can start using sysaid as normal just like using embedded database?
thanks in advance..
SysAid Wiz

The SysAid software installation, does all the table creation for you. You do not need to manually create any tables.
SysAider

already found the auto created table in the database.
thanks a lot techguy..
SysAider

Hello All,

I have been asked to generate a detailed report based on the number of tickets a single department has submitted. The report should detail who submitted the ticket and the current status of the ticket(s). This report is to run monthly.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Tademy
Service Desk Tech
Culver City
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Jeff T wrote:Hello All,

I have been asked to generate a detailed report based on the number of tickets a single department has submitted. The report should detail who submitted the ticket and the current status of the ticket(s). This report is to run monthly.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Tademy
Service Desk Tech
Culver City

Hi Jeff T!

Nothing like a good report to show all your hard work and identify what can be optimized even more

We see you have the 'Advanced reporting' license in place so all you need to do in order to create the report is:

In your top ribbon go to:
Analytics > Reports > Create New Report
Choose from dropdown "Report Type (entity):" > Service Record
Access report created > click pencil icon "Edit" > in tab "Data" start adding relevant fields
once all the relevant data is in, choose the column you want to sum things by (i.e. Department) click the arrow next to the column header and choose "Group by this field" in order to organize your report, check out this guide for more details:
https://community.sysaid.com/help-page.htm?helpPageId=4201

Making IT count,
Cheers,
Maayan