Side Panel Widgets

 
Author
Message
SysAider
7
 
I agree with the others - the widgets are of no use to us.

One thing I would like instead is a custom text widget.
We would like to write instructions for our IT admins.
It could be custom HTML of rich text, so we could type text and links that we need.


It would also be usefull to see the requesting user's other open SR's. On a list.
The "Requst user's open SR's is just a number - what good is that?
And why do a have to click the green part of the ring - why can I not just click the Number, as would be intuitive.
This needs to be a list, so we can see the facts (titles), and decide if we can use the information for anything.
The number is useless.

Also useful (but difficult) would be a list of similar SR's from other users, based on content in the title and body message.

The "Relevant KB's by Category" need to be changed.
We are not using categories, so we get all the KB articles.
It should match based on key words in title and body.
You can add a new widget for this, and keep the curent widget for customers who use categories.
The widget shows the number of KB articles.
The widget needs to be a list - not a graphical gimmick. We must be able to have facts, and click on the SRs' or KB's listed.
On a list we can quickly see if the related KB is relevant or not. What good is a number.

You need to not look so much on the graphical side, but put yourself in the place of an admin who handles many cases every hours on daily basis.
Usability and functionality must be high priority.
Admins especially don't like too many clicks.




This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 14, 2020 03:31 AM

SysAider
9
 
Hello, I wanted to follow back up on this and see if there was ever any solution to the "white-space" when the insight panel is disabled? Any tricks or tips anyone has used to either fill up that space or make better use of it?

Is it possible to customize the UI at all with HTML or make fields appear larger or anything at all?

Appreciate any recommendations!

(side note we are on-premise deployment)
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager
299
 
Hi Samkat!
Can you share what would you prefer to see there if you had the option?
Unfortunately no HTML customization is possible in this section of the platform

Kind Regards,
Maayan

samkat wrote:Hello, I wanted to follow back up on this and see if there was ever any solution to the "white-space" when the insight panel is disabled? Any tricks or tips anyone has used to either fill up that space or make better use of it?

Is it possible to customize the UI at all with HTML or make fields appear larger or anything at all?

Appreciate any recommendations!

(side note we are on-premise deployment)
SysAider
9
 
Hi Maayan!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. The main complaint we get is that the UI just makes it difficult when reviewing tickets to see the information, and a desire for the Description box, or any text field type to be expanded or fill the screen to make viewing easier without expanding each time.

We don't mind enabling the Widgets, as that helps a little when in full screen, but many admins want to shrink the window size or dock it on a side so they can always have the SysAid window open, and when we shrink the window size it shrinks the text fields even more.

Here is one example, since we receive a large majority of tickets via email, and are very often sent screenshots, we have the SR Source Field so we don't have to download and open an attachment every time and can view the image/text right from the email.

Attachment SR_Example_1 is the default view when in full screen, you can see that the text is cut off because the size of the text field. Next SR_Example_2 is the same thing when shrank down to a smaller window size, and then SR_Example_3 shows it when the admin drags out the field to fill the space. Of course this doesnt "persist" though, so we have to drag it larger for every ticket being worked.



Maayan Karstaedt wrote:Hi Samkat!
Can you share what would you prefer to see there if you had the option?
Unfortunately no HTML customization is possible in this section of the platform

Kind Regards,
Maayan

samkat wrote:Hello, I wanted to follow back up on this and see if there was ever any solution to the "white-space" when the insight panel is disabled? Any tricks or tips anyone has used to either fill up that space or make better use of it?

Is it possible to customize the UI at all with HTML or make fields appear larger or anything at all?

Appreciate any recommendations!

(side note we are on-premise deployment)
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager
299
 
Hi Grumpy old git!
Thanks for the feedback! I will pass in on to our product pips but in the mean time, you do have the ability to choose to show only the ones that you want or none at all, here is how:
Check IT out
Cheers,
Maayan

Grumpy old git wrote:I feel that ther amount of space taken by these widgets is disproportionate to their value. For us, they offer no value what so ever and just get in the way.
Having the option to remove that section completely would be the best option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 03, 2022 10:49 AM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager
299
 
Hi samkat!
Wow this is beautifully detailed thank you! I have forwarded your feedback to our product pips for review, I can't promise any short term relief on this but there is a big focus on planning for upgrading the admin panel views right now so this opportune time to share the feedback and make an impact on plans. Hope we will see fruit from this by end of year

Cheers,
Maayan

samkat wrote:Hi Maayan!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. The main complaint we get is that the UI just makes it difficult when reviewing tickets to see the information, and a desire for the Description box, or any text field type to be expanded or fill the screen to make viewing easier without expanding each time.

We don't mind enabling the Widgets, as that helps a little when in full screen, but many admins want to shrink the window size or dock it on a side so they can always have the SysAid window open, and when we shrink the window size it shrinks the text fields even more.

Here is one example, since we receive a large majority of tickets via email, and are very often sent screenshots, we have the SR Source Field so we don't have to download and open an attachment every time and can view the image/text right from the email.

Attachment SR_Example_1 is the default view when in full screen, you can see that the text is cut off because the size of the text field. Next SR_Example_2 is the same thing when shrank down to a smaller window size, and then SR_Example_3 shows it when the admin drags out the field to fill the space. Of course this doesnt "persist" though, so we have to drag it larger for every ticket being worked.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 03, 2022 11:09 AM