Escalation Rule

Author

Screenshot of the prompt I wish to remove. I do not want Administrators to have the ability to De-escalate a Service Record.

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi GinAdmin,

Got it. You can disable this prompt in Settings > Service Desk > General > "Prompt to reset SR Escalation level when SRs are modified".

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

In our Escalation Rule, I have added HTML code to the "Notification Body", like I have in all of our other normal Notifications.

However, after saving, and then going back into the rule, all of the "<" symbols were replaced with <{> symbols, and the emails are all jacked up with bogus html code as a result.

I cannot find anything in the documentation that specifically excludes HTML from these notifications. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave,

It appears like enabling the cross-site scripting protection is causing this issue. Just reproduced this on my system and opened a bug report. Will update this thread when a bug number is available.

In the meantime, a workaround is to go to Settings > Customize > Appearance, and uncheck "Modify the "<" character to secure against cross-site scripting".

Thanks for the feedback,
Danny
SysAider

Thanks Danny! I appreciate the work around, and that you created a bug report. I received that notice also.

Hi HotSchatz,

This is now an open bug #20669.

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar. 10, 2016 09:55 AM

SysAider

I have a number of rules setup of the same Escalation Level. How does it run rules of the same Escalation Level?

Hi MrCookKnowsBest,

To quote the SysAid Help documentation:
Choose an escalation level: Escalation level is only important if the service record that would be escalated is already escalated. An escalation rule will only run on an escalated service record if the escalation level of the escalation rule is higher than the escalation level of the service record. For example: a service record was escalated by an escalation rule of level 10. If an escalation rule of level 5 would later be applicable, it would not run. An escalation rule of level 15, however, would run.
If you choose the option "Do not escalate," the escalation level of the SR is reset to zero, and all of the relevant escalation rules run again on the SR until something in the service record changes so that the escalation rule no longer applies. Be very careful if you use this option, especially if the escalation rule is designed to send out emails.
Let me know if this makes things clearer.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't mention anything about the levels being the same. It only says what happens one is higher than the other.

It only runs if the escalation rule's level is higher than the escalation level in the ticket. Otherwise, nothing will happen. The escalation rules run from tom to bottom in the Escalation Rules list, so if one rule raises the level in the ticket from 0 to 1, and the rest of the rules are also level 1, they will simply ignore the ticket.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Thanks for that. This is not great. I want SysAid to give automatic priorities based on category it's logged under. I can't think of a better way than escalation rules for this to happen.

I think I can work around this by having more complex rules all under level 0. But obviously that's not ideal. Unless you or anybody else has a better idea of course?
SysAider

I see in various examples of Escalation Rules there are settings in the Query Builder that I would like to understand. i.e. Assigned Counter = 0
Can you send me in the right direction for explanations and options for Query Builder?
thanks !

Hi cindymajor,

Whenever you encounter an unknown topic in SysAid you'd like to learn more about, you can click on your name in the system in the top-right corner, and then "Help", for our Online Help database. There, you will see the help page relevant to the section you were viewing in SysAid, as well as be able to search for the terms you want to learn about, like the name of the field.

Per your question:
Assigned Counter - Shows the number of times the SR has been assigned or reassigned since it was opened.

Cheers,
Danny
Elite SysAider

I am worried about the number of SR's that comply with an email sending escalation rule that are processed at once. In other words, the number of emails sent by escalation rules per hour and per day.

Let's say that the first time an escalation rule will run it will apply to 300 SR's because all of them are over 240 hours waiting for a response from the end user and should send the 300 emails, one per SR.

Here is where my worry comes... as far as I know email systems will block an email account if it exceeds a number of emails sent per hour and per day. If a scenario like the described above happens then the email account configured in SysAid might get blocked for at least 24 hours (as far as I have heard) and that means that any other escalation rule emails and emails sent by admins will not be successful.

In the case of emails sent from admins they might receive a notification of the problem, but in the case of emails sent by escalation rules admins might not even know that there is a problem and many of the emails that are expected to be sent by the same or other escalation rule will not send the expected email.

My question is... Does SysAid consider the number of emails sent by a configured outgoing email account and dossifies the number of emails to send by escalation rules every time the escalation rules have to send emails to protect the email account from being blocked???

In either case, do you have any suggestions/tips so that our escalation rules configurations do not create a problem as the described??

Thank you in advance for your response.

Hi simental,

There is currently no such option in SysAid, but a feature request can be submitted on this topic. If you're interested, I suggest creating a new topic in the Feature Requests forum.

Until such a feature is developed, since you're applying a retroactive escalation rule that will affect a large number of tickets only once, I suggest limiting its scope by adding more filter criteria, and effectively applying it in parts, if possible.

Cheers,
Danny