Customize Forms

Author

I have another instance now where there is a note in a template and I have found the source, but cannot remove or modify it. I do not know how this information is being input to the the Note field (screenshot attached)
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi tgmaccounting,

You can resolve this by disabling Settings > Customize > Apperance > "Allow notes to be added only by using the "Add a note" button". The note field will become a text field and you will be able to remove the text in it.

Cheers,
Danny

Edit: Changed "enabling" -> "disabling"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct. 18, 2016 04:49 AM

SysAider

Hi Danny,

This option was already enabled, yet I am still unable to edit or remove the text in the note field.

Sorry, I meant "disable"

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Ahhh, ok! I will try that...thanks Danny
SysAider

Hi Sorry Danny is it possible to add a custom field in the company section but have it available to use in a custom incident form?

Hi ArcsusRJ,

From my understanding - no. You should consult with your account manager/our Professional Services team about this.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

I'm currently working on customizing the supplier list form and need to edit certain text. I've found the instructions on how to do this but I have some questions. Can I save this translation file under a different name and still upload it? Will it make the text change everywhere in sysaid that the field is used? Can I make multiple edits of the same text and have the ability to use all of them? Examples listed below:

Supplier Custom Date 1 is the current text
Contract Renewal Date is the custom text I need. Will this change everywhere in Sysaid that I use Supplier Custom Date 1?

Custom Notes 1 is the current text in Sysaid.
SLA Agreement is the custom text I need. Will I be unable to add a custom notes 1 after I edit the translation file?

Hi QueenBeeDizzle,

You can save the translation file under a different name, correct. It's important to upload it on the correct language selection in SysAid though for it to take effect.

It will change the caption for the text in question everywhere the field appears.
Will I be unable to add a custom notes 1 after I edit the translation file?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Once a caption is changed - it will be the new field name.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

I cannot find the design form tab