How do you keep your servers, workstations and remote computers up-to-date ?

Poll
How do you patch your software ?
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 58% [ 668 ]
Automate patching with Windows Update and for non-Microsoft applications wherever possible 15% [ 171 ]
Manual periodically check applications websites for new issued updates 11% [ 128 ]
Third party Patch Management solution 8% [ 96 ]
I don't deal with it at all... 7% [ 86 ]
Total Votes: 1149

Author

We deal with a lot of business customers using SBS2008 or SBS2011, so it's mostly updated through WSUS, and we use GFI Max/Logmein for Remote access to specific machines.
We're in the process of using SysAid more for remote work, and any future link with patch management would be great.
SysAider

We currently use Panda Cloud Systems Management. We were already using Panda Cloud Office Protection for antivirus.
No complaints!

However, if we could save $$ on the client licenses and just pay for a module in SysAid, that would be great!

SysAider

Currently using WSUS but SCCM deployment project is on the horizon. Cannot keep the enormous amount of Adobe updates since users are not local admins...
SysAid VP Product

Make sure to check our our new patch management capabilities in SysAid!
We are launching the beta on premise version next week were all of you are welcome to check out these new capabilities - you will be surprise how simple patch management can be with SysAid!
Elite SysAider

SCCM... ... jumping from the frying pan into the fire
SysAider

Munki for Apple computers
Former Community Manager

Never heard of Munki, but since I'm an Apple user, I'm definitely checking that out. Thank you!
SysAider

better use WSUS updating patch management
SysAider

Hi All

I have a list of current staff from HR in a CSV and i would like to disable the users which are not in this CSV in active directory (win 2008 r2)

your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
SysAider

Oded M wrote:Make sure to check our our new patch management capabilities in SysAid!
We are launching the beta on premise version next week were all of you are welcome to check out these new capabilities - you will be surprise how simple patch management can be with SysAid!

Absolutely right, on the assets that it actually works on.
SysAider

little apple wrote:
Oded M wrote:Make sure to check our our new patch management capabilities in SysAid!

Absolutely right, on the assets that it actually works on.

Which in my case is less than 25% of my 600 assets! Woohoo!
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Jamie wrote:Which in my case is less than 25% of my 600 assets! Woohoo!
Hi Jamie (and little apple!),

If you're having trouble with Patch Management on your assets, I highly suggest opening a ticket in our helpdesk (if you haven't yet) and the customer support team will be happy to help you sort it out

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Yes, I had a ticket opened back in February 2015 that never brought a full resolve for my issue. I just recently opened another ticket on January 25th, with four zip files worth of logs off my failing agents and haven't received a reply yet.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Sure thing. I'll make sure it is given priority.
If you'd like, you can post in this thread once the issue is resolved to let others know what was the problem and how it was resolved.

Thanks,
Danny