What do your custom notification(s) look like? - examples

Author

5.7FSN wrote:
NMUK wrote:
Wimsatt wrote:So I've searched high and dry to find what others have designed as their Email Body to End User regarding a Service Record and have found only TWO.

I am curious to know what everyones Help Desk Ticket emails look like.

Please, share your HTML and screenshots!

I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Can we all please share any custom email notifications you have set up, less of any sensitive information of course?

Thanks in advance...

I've posted mine somewhere in their entirety on here.

Where about's?
SysAid Wiz

NMUK wrote:
5.7FSN wrote:
NMUK wrote:
Wimsatt wrote:So I've searched high and dry to find what others have designed as their Email Body to End User regarding a Service Record and have found only TWO.

I am curious to know what everyones Help Desk Ticket emails look like.

Please, share your HTML and screenshots!

I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Can we all please share any custom email notifications you have set up, less of any sensitive information of course?

Thanks in advance...

I've posted mine somewhere in their entirety on here.

Where about's?

Right here:

https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/11248.page
Super SysAider

Thank you
SysAider

great thread! How would I write the if statements for a double condition? For example.

If ticket is status is "New" (just submitted), send this message [msg]
If ticket status is "New" but is assigned to an admin, then send this message [msg]

reason I ask is my admins don't care to "open" the ticket. They simply just click assign to and get on with it. so the end user just keeps getting "your ticket has been submitted" twice or more if the ticket gets reassigned but status is left to New. Thanks in advance!

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

karlg wrote:great thread! How would I write the if statements for a double condition? For example.

If ticket is status is "New" (just submitted), send this message [msg]
If ticket status is "New" but is assigned to an admin, then send this message [msg]

reason I ask is my admins don't care to "open" the ticket. They simply just click assign to and get on with it. so the end user just keeps getting "your ticket has been submitted" twice or more if the ticket gets reassigned but status is left to New. Thanks in advance!

Hi karlg,

You can use #if for the first conditional and #else for the second (if you only have two, otherwise use #elseif for any conditional between the first and the last), ending them with #end.

You can find more information at SysAid Help > Customized Notifications.

Cheers,
Danny
Elite SysAider

Does anybody have any tips on creating a table within a Sysaid notification that actually displays properly within Outlook?

I've been able to create one that looks fine in a browser, but Outlook I understand tends to tweak tables and HTML a bit.

If anybody has any help they can provide on this it would be very welcomed.

<body >
<table border="1" >
<tr>
<td align="right"><b>Employee:</b></td>
<td align="left">${sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn3sr")}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><b>AP: Was Employee Notified to Provide Card on Last Day Worked: </b></td>
<td align="left">$AccountObj.getCustValues("sr_cust_ap_turncard",$AccountObj.getResourceBundle()).getCaption($sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn122sr"))</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><b>AP: Was Employee Notified to Complete All Allocations and Submit to Manager: </b></td>
<td align="left">$AccountObj.getCustValues("sr_cust_ap_cardnotify",$AccountObj.getResourceBundle()).getCaption($sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn121sr"))</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><b>Does Employee Have Any Pending Expense Reimbursements: </b></td>
<td align="left">$AccountObj.getCustValues("sr_cust_ap_expreimb",$AccountObj.getResourceBundle()).getCaption($sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn123sr"))</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><b> </b></td>
<td align="left"> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><b>PR: Does Employee Have Any Unreported Used Vacation: </b></td>
<td align="left">$AccountObj.getCustValues("sr_cust_pr_unrepvac",$AccountObj.getResourceBundle()).getCaption($sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn127sr"))</td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
SysAider

This is starting to get really frustrating. These emails are half of the 'face' of the help desk, and I'd like them to look reasonably professional.

I've been hacking at this with my mediocre html skills for a few hours now, and I can NOT get them looking reasonably professional. What I'd like to **start** with is something like this:

I already found out that html in these notifications doesn't like many of the more recent additions. You can set borders, colors, and font weight, but that's about it.

Every attempt renders an email that has 3 to 6 blank lines between every line of text, and alignment of text in each cell either centered or top-ish (it's inconsistent). The whitespace is the worst. In the actual email there is a fat 3-line gap between the bottom row of the table and the bottom image, and then 3 more fat blank lines below the bottom image to the bottom of the table.

So what are people doing.... TODAY.... that works reasonably well?
p.s.... a lot of info on these forums dates back multiple years and is for version long gone. It would be nice for all that useless info to go away, heh...

_edit_
An email suggestion from support suggested I remove all line breaks so all of the html code is on a single line for pasting into the notification text box. This worked miracles for formatting! Now all we need is the ability to generate this sort of thing more quickly/readily.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug. 03, 2016 01:29 PM

SysAider

Is there a way to display activities in a notification in the same table format displayed at the bottom of the activities tab without the action column or others.
Elite SysAider

This is our closure notification. Customers can rate the service quality by clicking on an emoticon.

Super SysAider

MyITGuy wrote:Heres a sample of mine. Sorry for the small text...I had to zoom out to screen capture the entire message.

The screenshot only shows 3 sections (Description, Notes & Survey)...but I have several others that will appear if information is present (Attachments, Follow up text, activities, resolution and solution)

[edit]The HTML is taken from a Theme Forest theme. If anyone wants specifics I can share...but will only provide the HTML Code I used if you can show me a receipt for the theme purchase.[/edit]

I really like this! What is the name of the theme from Theme Forest? I am on their site now.

Thanks,
David
SysAider

alefabian wrote:This is our closure notification. Customers can rate the service quality by clicking on an emoticon.

Hey!

Can you share the html for this?
I like it!
SysAider

I second that, would love to see the code
SysAider

Just been using some inspiration from these posts to create my own email ticket format, which I am quite happy to post once I have it all working.

A quick comment (and it maybe possible anyway) is that I think we need an option within template screen is to say that this is already an html template. If this is set SysAid should not attempt to alter the markup.

At the moment it keeps adding in <BR/> tags plus other random tags which makes it difficult to edit. In order to get a satisfactory out you need to remove all whitespace. It would be nice if it just let the text as is.

Richard
SysAider

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for your help, i am using often your feedback, tricky question here :

I am using a proper template for customization of my workflow notification and i would like to notify First name and last Name used on our off bording process :

Notification for Off Boarding Process(SOX)

Title Off Boarding Terminated
First Name ${sr.getAddonFieldValue("sr_cust_firstn")}
Last Name ${sr.getAddonFieldValue("sr_cust_lastn")}
Description Off Boarding Terminated
Category New/Modification/Transfer user
Sub Category Off Boarding
Process Manager FR Pool
Priority P5 Planned
Due Date 25-06-2017 06:00:00
Status In Implementation
Request User Youssef Lachgar
Attachments

I don't know why my custom field are not read properly ... any one can help ?

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Youyou,

You need to user the proper custom field name, as described in our help documentation:
The value of text or integer fields added through fields customization. Enter the name of the field in the parentheses.

Note: The field name can be found in Advanced tab of the field's form, in the Display in Form box. Search for def. The field name will look something like "CustomColumn20srSubTab"

Cheers,
Danny