Possible to add a link fo a folder on a network drive

Author

Sorry for another question

If we add attachments for projects, then we add under sysaid files, that are already stored in one folder.

Is there a possibility to insert a link (like the hyperlink option), and if we click on that field in these SR automatically the windows folder with all necessary data will be opened.

*So we avoid duplicate all infos from the windows folders/files into SysAID DB

Cheers

Pedro
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please clarify? What folder are you referring to? If you're talking about Attachments field - as far as I know it only shows individual files.

Thanks,
Danny
Super SysAider

Thanks for your quick response.

For example... I have a Network folder (call it. I:\TEAMS\PJ-MERCEDES ) with lot of PDF's; Excels; Mail messages...
Imagine 30/40 files and some folders....

Under SysAID I create a project, and on that project I will create a link or something (for example: Files for that project) that point to that I:\TEAMS\PJ-MERCEDES folder

So I don’t need to attach each file manually to that project and what I need is click on that field/link and the windows explorer open the folder: I:\TEAMS\PJ-MERCEDES

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 18, 2017 08:28 AM

Super SysAider

For example...

If it would be possible to use: Links to other items
and on that I configure like you can see in the attached image.

So if we click on that link, the computer open a windows explorer with that path/data

Cheers

Pedro

I believe what you're looking for is support for the "file://" format in Links field. We have an open feature request for this, its number is #24970, and its thread can be found here.

I also advise you to contact your account manager to add your name to the weight of this FR.

Thanks,
Danny

Update: This was researched some time ago as part of a different SysAid area development, and the conclusion was that most browsers block this format by themselves, unless a relevant browser extension is installed (like this one). The relevant feature request was closed.

Cheers,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul. 10, 2018 11:31 AM