Run Report on Installed software

Author

I am trying to run a report that will show how many instances of particular products we have installed on our assets. I can see the software tab under each of the assets and this shows the data for each asset but I am looking for a consolidated view of, for example, all machines with IE 11 installed.

When trying to create the report there doesn't appear to be any field to pull out software items. Please can you advise if there is a way to do this?
SysAider

I'm also trying to do this, so if anyone has an idea or can direct the both of us in the right direction, that would be perfect.
SysAider

Hi agramsky,

I never got a response on this and never figured out a way to do it so we now use a different tool for asset management.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hey guys,

You can find this information either by setting up the software product under Assets > Software Products, and clicking on "Show Assets using this software" under "# Instaled"; or by running the "Software/Hardware Inventory" report on "Software Product" item type.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

`
Hi Danny,

The report will not be filtered by me. I always see all the assets. How can I restore the filter?

Stefan
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Stefan,

Could you please clarify your question? What kind of filter are you trying to restore?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

I have the same problem, any solutions for this?
SysAider

This seems to be a lingering issue for years. I still haven't found a method in Sysaid and have to run supplemental software. I too would like to run a report that allows me to search for one application such as Malwarebytes and show all the computers that do or do not have it and what version if it does. Since it's available in the tab of each asset, you'd think it would be easy to at least allow the fields in query builder if not in a default view.

If anyone has found an answer, please reply.