Hello guys, I hope this reply is useful and understandable.
This is how I run reports on the software installed on our assets, as of now I have only run a few reports and they have been fairly accurate, mainly just looking for computers that may be missing Antivirus or other essential software.
- Go to Assets > then on the Asset Management category select Software products.
- Select New on the top right corner.
- Complete the name of the program you will search for, version, vendor, # of Licenses, etc... (Not all of this info is mandatory, is more for your own reference in the future).
- One of the last options is the Query Builder, click there and pop-up windows will display an option to create a filter.
- There I leave Statement as it is and on Choose Element I go by Install names, then the query will offer another column from which I select "Like" (Of course you may adjust this according to your own search) then I type the name of the program according to how it is displayed on a computer which it is installed on and proceed to click on Create Filter.
- Once the filter the popup windows will close and then proceed to click on Apply to make all the changes.
- At this point, you should be able to see the option "# Installed" followed by a quantity of program and following that and option such as "Show Assets using this software" and when you select this a list of the assets will popup, then you could export it to excel and create a report etc...
I hope this was helpful, I posted attachments of the steps, and let me know if this worked for you guys, hope it does.