Converting Incidents to Servcie requests

Author

Hi

We currently have our helpdesk inbox set up to log incidents as they arrive in the inbox. As this is inherited from the previous IT team, our users quite like the process of being able to email and raise an incident so I would like to leave it in place but make a few changes to try and apply some request fulfilment on calls as they arrive in Sysaid as everything is an incident at the moment including spam emails. The joys

I was advised that there should be a "convert to SR" option in the top right of the call but this was not available in the version we had. I have since upgraded to 17.3.57 and I still can not find the convert to SR option.

Is there something I need to configure to show this button ?

Kind regards
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi TS_CW,

You should have the following option in an incident:

If you don't have it, please go to Settings > Service Desk > General, and see if "Allow admins to change SR type from Incidents to Requests, and vice versa" is checked.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Thanks again, that worked as required

Kind regards
SysAider

Hello,
when I convert an incident to request sysaid it uses the 'basic request sub-type':
1. Can I change the sub-type of the request?
2. can I define a sub-type different from the basic request a priori?

Hi Mpat69,

You can select the default template for Request creation/conversion under Settings > Service Desk > Categories > Default.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Danny,
Great stuff. It solved a lot of time with the conversion of Incident to Request by ticking the checkbox.

I have the following queries:
1. Now that the Incident is converted to a Request, how does a nominated Administrator of the converted Request gets notified that there is a Request ticket assigned to him/her.
In our scenario of Hardware/Software scenario, it is always the same Administrator who is assigned that ticket.

Question: Do I have to select an Administrator first in the Assigned To (within Incident) field and then convert it into a Change?
OR
Is there another way of notifying?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

As long as Settings > Service Desk > General > "Notify assigned administrator when a Service Record changes" option is checked, it shouldn't matter - the notification will be sent to the Assigned To administrator on ticket Save.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,
Thank you for that. Much appreciated.
SysAider

Hi Danny,

two more questions:
1) is it possible to configure an email rules to create directly a request instead of an incident?
2) is it possible to convert an incident into a request through an escalation rules?

We run the v17.3.57 b2
Many Thanks

Hi Fabio,

While (1) is currently not possible, and planned to be natively implemented in the future, you can
(2) create an escalation rule that looks for tickets with specific field values and Source: Email, and changes those tickets to Service Record Type = Request in the Action Builder. Just make sure the filter is specific enough so it doesn't convert all your tickets.

Cheers,
Danny