Options for e-mail notifications from SysAid

Author

Greetings,

We have SysAid on-premises that is integrated into our Exchange server. We currently have our SysAid to send out automatic notifications from a generic mailbox (helpdesk@domain.com) but as for sending emails from SysAid we change the drop-down to send from our personal accounts instead of the generic account. We're getting tired of having to change the drop-down (and sometimes forget) so it would be nice if we could have all e-mails sent from SysAid coming from the generic account. I know I can set this up easily in SysAid but the issue is if someone responds to that e-mail, it goes to the generic mailbox instead of being routed to the user who sent it. Outside of setting up automatic rules in Outlook for the generic mailbox, is there any routing that SysAid can do?

Thanks in advance.
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi jbergener,

You have an option under Settings > Integration > Email > Advanced > "Route email correspondence with end users through SysAid Server". You can read more about it here.

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Greetings Danny,

Thanks for the reply. That is currently how we have our SysAid setup. I think we may be missing something though because it's not working as expected. Take this scenario for example:

User A creates a helpdesk ticket that gets routed to me. I go into SysAid, open the ticket and then go to "Send Message" to send a response to User A. The response e-mail comes from our generic account (helpdesk@domain.com). E-mail gets sent to User A who in turn replies to the e-mail. E-mail gets sent to helpdesk@domain.com which is an un-monitored mailbox.

It would be great if SysAid were in control of the helpdesk@domain.com mailbox so that when User A responds to the e-mail, it gets routed to me instead of just sitting in the mailbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, "helpdesk@domain.com" is not a SysAid-integrated incoming email? If so - it will only work if it's also an incoming mailbox that SysAid can access and create tickets from.
SysAider

It is an incoming integrated e-mail address but maybe we don't have it setup correctly. We currently have it setup using OWA and I think I've got everything configured correctly but it's hard to know since there is no option to "test" the setup...

Does it generate new tickets from all the mail that gets sent to the mailbox?
SysAider

No, it does not. That's a feature we don't want either though. We just want SysAid to be able to route e-mails sent to that e-mail address to the admin that the ticket is assigned to.

In this case it appears like the incoming email integration appears to not work properly. However, I'm not sure the scenario you want is currently possible. I suggest contacting your account manager and checking if this is possible as a special project by our Professional Services team.

Cheers,
Danny