Seeing the values of custom fields

Author

Hi is it possible to see which values a certain custom field have in a ticket? And then I mean for an example wether a list has value 1,2,3 etc.

I mean in real life not in an notication so that I can see what happens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 19, 2018 09:52 AM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi Spikeycloud,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please clarify?

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider

Danny Tashiev wrote:Hi Spikeycloud,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please clarify?

Thanks,
Danny

That we can see in real time which values a custom field has. For an example if we make a list on this custom field -> ${sr.getAddonFieldValue("CustomColumn1073sr")} that we can see the changes in real life when we change an option in that list.

Now we do that by putting that value in the notication itself but we need to send out an notication every time in order to see which value it returns. It is possible to see that in real time as we change fields in the ticket or action item?

It's no biggy but it is a lot easier to find error in code that way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 19, 2018 11:11 AM

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question - but if you change custom list values, they should be already reflected in the SR once the save has been made. Where exactly do you want to see the changes, that you're unable to see now?
Elite SysAider

Danny Tashiev wrote:Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question - but if you change custom list values, they should be already reflected in the SR once the save has been made. Where exactly do you want to see the changes, that you're unable to see now?

They are indeed, but not list key values. Like I said it is no biggy but it would be nice if we can see the key numbers of a list. So that we don't have to look at the list which key is behind which choice (as we filter e-mail codes depending on this number). Hope that makes more sense

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 20, 2018 11:29 AM

Ah, understood. I think this would be a feature request. Where would you expect to see the key? When using the tag in notifications (ie - making the tags more informative)? Anywhere else?

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider

Danny Tashiev wrote:Ah, understood. I think this would be a feature request. Where would you expect to see the key? When using the tag in notifications (ie - making the tags more informative)? Anywhere else?

Thanks,
Danny

Well like a said it's no biggy. So if it's not possible now, you don't have to make a feature request for it. Thanks for your feedback.

Sure thing!