Agent installation issue

Author

If I install the agent manually (from Network Discovery/Downloads) the desktop shortcut does nothing when clicked (circle spins for about 5 seconds then stops). This happens on every machine.
If I push the agent via the Deploy Sysaid Agents tool, the shortcut works correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jason

Edit: I just realized that the agent version the Deployment Tool installs is 16.3.18.102 which works. The manual install version is 17.2.03.102 which doesn't.
Hope this helps..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 23, 2018 04:10 PM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi Jason,

Please note that the external Deploy Tool is no longer supported, and we recommend using the Agent Deployment Plan from inside the SysAid UI to deploy the agents. Please follow the relevant instructions here. Let me know if this works.

Cheers,
Danny

And before doing that, I suggest updating your version of SysAid to the latest first, assuming you're using On-Premise by your version.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Ok, I'll try that.
We're using v17.2.03 b6 .
SysAider

It looks like it's working for machines on the domain, but not machines not connected to the domain. I've tried other credentials, but it's still not working. If we manually install the agent, it doesn't do anything.

Are all the port and service prerequisites being met on the machines outside the domain? Is there a proxy enabled on the machine?

If all else fails, please contact our customer support team for further investigation, and include the agent logs from the affected machine.
The SysAidAgentLog.txt file is present in the (C:\Program Files)\SysAid\logs folder, while the Agent configuration file is present at \SysAid\Configuration\AgentConfigurationFile.xml

Please update here once a solution is found.

Thanks,
Danny