Agent missing in program add/remove list

Author

When updating systems the agent isn't always showing up in the add/remove list. Some systems it does, others it does not. The ones that don't have it in the list can still launch the program and it shows the agent as being updated. This is the Summer v17.3.57 b2 release. This of course makes it difficult to find out which systems still need the updated agent. Not good! Over 50% of our computers appear to have this issue (about 750 PC's so far and counting).
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi brberglund,

You should be able to view this in the Assiet list by adding the "SysAid Agent Version" column. However, this still sounds like a potential bug. Please contact our support team with the Agent logs from one of the problematic machines, and update here once a solution is found.

The SysAidAgentLog.txt file is present in the (C:\Program Files)\SysAid\logs folder, while the Agent configuration file is present at \SysAid\Configuration\AgentConfigurationFile.xml

Thanks,
Danny
Super SysAider

Is this version v18.1.10. available for on site users? I saw it mentioned in another post.

No, the latest On-Premise version at the moment is 17.3.57.

Cheers,
Danny
Super SysAider

I was told by support it is a problem within the MSI that they will have corrected in the next release. Surprised that no one caught this!
SysAider

I am experiencing similar issue when I try to install the agent to a PC. I keep encountering a message to "Overwrite" the old agent but as I far as I know I have removed the old agent, went to program file and removed it from there to- restarted the PC. I am not sure why it won't let me download the latest. I have also try to deploy and un-deploy using agent deployment setting, and did not gave me the indication of that it was successfully completed the action requested. Please advise.

Hi hussen,

What happens if you try to overwrite it?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

The agent won't install.

Thanks,

Interesting. I suggest checking this with our support team for further investigation and updating here once a solution is found.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Will do. Thanks.
SysAider

Update: SysAid Support provided me an Uninstall SysAid Agent windows batch file to ran it on that PC. After I successfully ran the file, I was able to deploy and install the agent. It is working now!

Thanks,