***Ticket Counter Resetting to specific number***

Author
SysAider

Good Morning Tech Guys,

Hope this will be a quick one for you guys, but I'm stuck at this point. I have installed sysaid to new VM with mysql db. All seems to be set-up apart from the ticket numbers. We have running instance of sysaid on default DB (derby) and we reached quite a high number by now. We do want to continue the ticket number from there rather than starting off from scratch to avoid any duplication.

Can I please get any advise on how can I set my ticket counter to start-off from specific number, let suppose 50000. Which value need to be change in db to perform this? Will there be any side-effect doing this?

Any advise/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

SysAid Wiz

Hi @@@,
I think is not safe to alter the DB (also not permitted by the license agreement) because ID is an incremental Primary Key.

In this case I can use SysAid API to create 50000 empty fake tickets and then start to work.
Using API you can also import old values from old SysAid.

(remember to disable email SMTP to avoid a SPAM storm )

This is not easy and effortless, but probably the better and safer method.

Best Regards.
@@@
SysAider

Tomaso wrote:Hi @@@,
I think is not safe to alter the DB (also not permitted by the license agreement) because ID is an incremental Primary Key.

In this case I can use SysAid API to create 50000 empty fake tickets and then start to work.
Using API you can also import old values from old SysAid.

(remember to disable email SMTP to avoid a SPAM storm )

This is not easy and effortless, but probably the better and safer method.

Best Regards.

Hi Tomaso,

Thanks for your quick response on this. Will discuss this with colleagues here and decide whether to go for it or not.

Highly appreciated.

Regards,

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar. 02, 2018 12:46 AM