Template name erased

 
Author
Message
Elite SysAider
220
 
Sometimes SysAid automatically erases the names of the templates. This is very annoying because we have a lot of templates and if its empty, we cannot see which template is selected by which catagory.

I'm not sure how this happens, but I believe that the name is erased if I adjust the action items of those templates - but I'm not 100% sure of this. I'll keep in en eye what I do specifically that makes it erase the name.

Edit: I believe it happens when you add a workflow tab in an action item

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 12, 2018 10:20 AM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4973
 
Hi Spikeycloud,

Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on reproducing this issue?

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider
220
 
Danny Tashiev wrote:Hi Spikeycloud,

Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on reproducing this issue?

Thanks,
Danny


I will when it happens again. Because it did not happen this time. I will post again when I have information.
Elite SysAider
220
 
Ok here is what I did opened the template. Then I go to the first action item. Added an extra workflow tab in attributes that overwrites a random list field from the SR to the same list field to the action item. Then I save it, go out of the ticket and back to the request view and then the template name is gone. This seems to happen everytime I add a workflow tab at the first action item. And it does not matter which fields I select in the workflow tabs.

Edit: This happens with different templates so I think it is probably a bug.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar. 12, 2018 12:18 PM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4973
 
Hi Spikeycloud,

For some reason I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Please contact our support team for further investigation and update here once a bug number is created, or if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider
220
 
Will do, thank you very much.
Elite SysAider
220
 
It is a already known bug

Hi,

I was alerted by our support team to your issue, and I can confirm that the issue has been identified as a bug in the software.

Our product/R&D team has been made aware of the issue, and they have begun the process of attempting to recreate the bug in an isolated environment, to further evaluate the cause and possible resolutions.

So you are aware of the process, generally, bugs are identified, recreated, worked on and a fix is generally implemented in a future version upgrade. While this process is happening, I do not have yet an estimated resolution time, as it is still under evaluation by our programmers/engineers.

As the process unfolds, I will be sure to update you, when I receive the updates myself, and provide the time estimation when available, and in which version release the fix will be implemented.

I want to apologize for the frustration this is causing, but I can assure you that the issue is being attended to and all avenues towards resolution are being explored.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, otherwise I will be sure to follow up with you accordingly.

Best Regards,

David Stein
SMB Account Manager
Elite SysAider
115
 
I'm also going to say that we raised this issue back in January.

Ticket # 1932678

It's now May.

This seems a fairly minor issue and it's very frustrating to not have a fix yet.

Definitely leads to questions about SysAid's developmental capabilities.
SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4973
 
Hi Paul,

If you're referring to bug #30693, it has been fixed internally and is now going through QA, to be released in v18.2.31.

I apologize if it took longer than expected.

Cheers,
Danny
Elite SysAider
115
 
5 months to fix a seemingly lightweight bug is troubling yes.