Opening tickets in a new tab FR# 51513

Author

Some of our admins asked wether it was possible to open ticket in a new tab with the right mouse button? Is there something in SysAid that can make this possible?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 28, 2021 12:42 PM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Spikeycloud,

This is planned for the admin UI/UX overhaul that we're working on right now.

Cheers,
Danny
TZ
SysAider

Is this something that been released?
SysAider

Seeing it's 2021 has this feature been implemented yet?
SysAider

Any news on this?
SysAider

We were promised this in 2017. Over 4 years later, it's one of many features that were "coming in the next release" that have never materialised. It's one of many reasons that Sysaid is a product that we endure rather than enjoy using.
Oby
SysAider

Yes this has been a huge request from members of my team. Can we please get a update on this?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi all,

Didn't want to leave you without answer although I don't have news on this request, we are working on improvements to functionality and many new features but this currently is not in priority, nonetheless I have associate you to the FR in our system to up vote it accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Maayan
SysAider

I could "Reply to all" to an email received on my Amiga in 1996. Why is it taking so long to get the same functionality in SysAid over 25 years later?
SysAider

Dear Product Team, in our org bunch of user communities, are calling for ServiceNow, they highlighted this new tab feature is missing in SysAid and not user friendly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 29, 2021 11:43 AM

SysAid Wiz

Excuse me guys for interfering here

We used to have such a function in version 6, 7 etc. to open tickets in a new window.

Now, over the years, the "SysAid application" has evolved and I find it is not necessary to open many tabs with a correct ITIL application.
On the contrary, even when I think back, we had a lot of data loss because the tabs were simply closed by the admins without saving beforehand.

SysAid is an application like any other, but not a website and comparing you with other manufacturers is not an option because, as I have spoken from my own experience, it can also have your shortcomings and do not provide all the desired functions.

cheers
Karlson
SysAid Wiz

Maybe a little tip:
Work with the Insight Panels to open tickets in a separate window.