email disabled users

Author

is there a setting that we can enable that would allow us to email users who are in a disabled state in our sysaid instance?

ldap only syncs once a day and so even if we enabled on our end it could take up to 24 hours for that to sync in to SysAid and re-enable. often we need to manually re-enable on our end to then reply to an open sr.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Paul,

We don't have such an option at this moment. Will it help if we add additional options to LDAP schedule reruns - 6 and 12 hours?

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider

possibly.

we operate at a pretty much 24x7 schedule so would be better if we could schedule sync to run twice a day rather than only once.

Side question though. is it possible to not have user auto-disable?

For our purposes I'm not sure we care whether they become disabled in the SysAid portal.

Are you referring to this option under Settings > Integration > LDAP? "Disable SysAid end users that were not imported from LDAP".
Elite SysAider

I don't think so?

We do not have that checked currently and the language on it makes me think that if checked it would disable users that were manually created in Sysaid rather than being imported in via LDAP.

In this case I think I'm misunderstanding something - the LDAP imported users become disable upon import? Or is it new users that have not yet been imported but create a ticket?
Elite SysAider

I'm not being clear I think.

If a user is in a disabled state on our ldap (for right or wrong reasons) they become disabled in SysAid at the next sync.

Currently, if we resolve the issue to bring them back to a enabled state, it would take up to 24 hours for that change to sync to SysAid.

In order to email them from SysAid they need to be in an Active state on the sysaid instance.

So we need to go into users and re-enable them.

If they did not actually become disabled on SysAid then we could just reply without the need to re-enable.

In most cases we have not granted local teams access to manage end users so they would need to contact us for assistance.

Ah, got it. In this case, I don't believe there is an option to prevent the disabled users from getting disabled in SysAid upon sync, so we can focus on creating an FR (or a special project if this is urgent for you) on either or both of the following:
1. Additional time periods in sync (every 6 and 12 hours as described earlier)
2. Adding an option to ignore enabled/disabled status of LDAP users and keep them enabled in SysAid -- perhaps less useful for the general public.

Let me know how you'd prefer to proceed with this.

Cheers,
Danny