Notification Help

Author

Hi All,

I'm wanting a really basic If statement in our notification for a new ticket, but I've read up left right and centre on these, and still don't understand how to code one.

All I'm wanting, is that 'IF' a request is new, and there is no assigned technician, that it displays the words "To be Assigned"

So far, I've done this, but it's had no effect, and I'm honestly just Winging it. Not quite sure what to do.

#if( ${AssignedTo} && ${AssignedTo}!="To be assigned" )

Any help would be appreciated, as we'll have just the one notification template, with plenty of conditions.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi AxolotlSuitcase,

Please note that the second part of your #if statement doesn't set a proper condition -- you want the field to be empty, and only then to include "To be Assigned".

Try the following:

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Apologies, I don't quite know if I'm understanding you.

Are you saying that I need to put further detail in? If so, where do I put this? I'm not familiar with the Syntax, and to honest the built in 'Help' on SysAid doesn't actually seem to help.

The only way I know the Syntax doesn't work is that it comes back blank, but it still doesn't point me to the route cause.

Thanks,

Axolotl
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Axolotl,

Let's break down the #if statement:
"#if(" sets its start, "${AssignedTo}" verifies that the field exists, "&&" sets an "AND" operator, "${AssignedTo}=""" verifies that content of the field is empty, and ")" closes the condition.
Now, you need to tell the system what to do in case this condition is met. We simply state "To be Assigned" -- it will include this text if the condition returns true.
And finally, "#end" lets the system know that this is the end of the #if statement and its result.

Cheers,
Danny