Email Notification on New ticket

Author

It has been a few years since we started using SysAid so bear with me.

We have been asked if it is possible to send an automatic email to an admin when a new ticket is created and assigned to them at the time the ticket is first created. At this point the only time an email is sent is after we create the ticket and then go in to acknowledge the ticket for that admin. We have not notifications to anyone/group when a ticket is first created.
Elite SysAider

Go to Settings > Service Desk > General and check your settings for "Notify the following users when a service record changes:"
Check if selected statuses for "Assigned administrator" or "Assigned group members" meet your needs
SysAider

We already have that set but it doesn't send an email when a new SR is created. Only if something changes after creation. This is what I was asked:

Enable an email to be sent to the process manager when s/he is assigned during ticket creation.
Elite SysAider

If the ticket status meets one of the selected statuses under "Notify the following users when a service record changes:", a notification is sent to the related admin.

SysAid doesn't send the notification only when the admin who submits the ticket - via admin portal - is also assigned to the ticket.
Super SysAider

I believe what you need to do is to set up routing rules... Service Desk - Routing There you can set rules to send a email notification that meets certain criteria to get sent to a particular admin group or admin.
Elite SysAider

brberglund,
you're definitively right. I presumed that a Process manager was already assigned to the ticket at the creation. If not, routing rules are needed.
Super SysAider

We don't allow end users to assign Process Managers for the fact that we all have different areas of expertise (though these talents do overlap). We use admin groups that get notified depending on the category fields that a user selects and then of course the routing rules.