Upgraded to v19.2.30

Author

We upgraded to the new interface and have 1 issue.

The description field is not showing completely in the incident, it only shows about half and you cannot read all the text.

Also, the new notes and activities are now condensed, myself and my staff absolutely hate this view. Is there a way to change them back to the expanded view ?

Thanks
Steven
SysAider

Hello StevenR4,

For the description field, there should be two lines in the lower right hand corner of the description field that are angled. You can click and drag on that icon and it allows you to expand out the field to view more of it. This also happens in some of the system settings like escalation rules.

As for the notes section you can click on "All Notes" and it will show you all the notes on the record not just a condensed view, and then hover over the eyeball icon to see the full note. In my set up we do not use the activities section so I can not speak to that but based on how it looks, it appears that the same process would apply as it does with the notes section.

As far as I have been able to test I have not been able to revert this view, however perhaps someone from SysAid will respond with an update.
SysAider

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply, I have checked with multiple browsers and the description field does not appear to have anything in the bottom right to click and drag and expand it.
I guess at this point I will need to put in an official request with support

As for the notes and activities, many of our incidents require multiple staff to work on them. Which we then need to review all the notes and activities having to hit the eyeball icon for each of them is extraordinarily frustrating...

We are reaching the point we are considering reverting back if possible.

Steven
SysAider

Hello Steven,

It is possible that addition of the drag to expand function in the description box is part of a slightly later release. I am running on the Cloud version so I can confirm it is there in every browser I have access to but would appear to be part of a later than 19.2.30 patch.

I completely agree with the notes and activities section as my Help Desk is in the same boat, at least with the notes. I did some checking and they appear to be resolving this in version 19.3.30 which is being rolled out August 4th-25th. However I am going to assume this rollout will affect only Cloud environments and not On-Premise. I will let you and the community know what we see on our environment when it is rolled out to us, and perhaps someone from sysaid can respond with a confirmation if this new patch will be rolled out to both Cloud and On-Premise or just Cloud first. If it is brought to just Cloud initially then perhaps we can get an expected release time for On-Premise as it appears this patch will address most, if not all, of your issues.