Change Default Urgency Level on Submit an Incident Form

Author

On the Submit Incident form, I have Urgency set as a required field which defaults to Normal. I would like to change this to default to "Please Select an Urgency". I tried to change this in the Service Desk -> General -> New Service Record default urgency, but there is not an option to leave this blank. There are only the options of Urgent, High, Normal and Low. How can I make this change?
Super SysAider

Go to Service Request Templates - choose Incident Template - Select the Incident template that you want to modify - click on the Urgency field - select Please select an Urgency - then click OK to save. Go back into the template to make sure the changes have been saved.

Hope this helps!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug. 26, 2019 04:11 PM

SysAider

Thank you for your response, but it does not answer my question. If I edit a Service Request Template, it will only let me select Urgent, High, Normal or Low. It will not allow me to select the "Please select an urgency" option from the drop down list. I want this to be the default to force users to select an urgency level.
Super SysAider

Please see attachment. Is this where you are going to change the template? It needs to be done here.
SysAider

Yes. This is where I am changing the template. When I change the Urgency drop down to "Please select an urgency" it automatically changes it to Normal every time.

Under the Service Desk - General settings, New default urgency is set to Normal which is why I believe I cannot change the Urgency on templates. I tried changing this setting but I do not have "none" as an option.
Super SysAider

I swear that worked for me yesterday...
Try going to Lists and select Urgency and add what you want to the list and give that a try then by setting it in the general settings area. You should see your new addition to the list there. I wonder if it will be seen as a selection itself and not force the user to change it to something else on the list. You might need to do some testing obviously! See attachment