What is the variable to send a link to an action item in a workflow notificaton?

Author

Hello,

I need to send a link to an action item tab in the workflow notification when that notification is sent. What is the variable to include a link to the action item? We are running 18.1.53 or something like that...
Elite SysAider

The tag is $LinkToSubTab
You can find it - and all other tags - here: https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/helpData.page?helpId=4147
SysAider

Hello,

To tag on to this, I know we can use $Approve and $Deny to allow users to complete the actions items right from the email, but is there any way to do these in a way like the $LinkToSubTab where it provides a URL?

We are trying to make 'buttons' out of the $Approve and $Deny tags but since it inserts a <a href> there is no way to edit the inline? Unless we just have no idea what were doing.
Elite SysAider

$Deny and $Approve tags don't require A HREF
They create the link automatically. So develop your style (eg. coloured buttons) and insert the tag as text.

Usually buttons in an email are designed as TD of a table:

SysAider

Thank you alefabian, that does help.

I guess our issue is we were trying to style the link as well, but since the elements enter their own link style it was getting messed up. We will just have to style the table and let the links be.

Appreciate your reply!
Elite SysAider

Samkat, I've seen in another post that you've uploaded some screenshots of the expected result. You can exactly get it by styling and especially

Try also to style a span within the td

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep. 24, 2019 09:26 AM