Add Fields to Design Form Selection

Author

Good day,

When selecting Design Form to add / remove columns to a Task/Project screen can one add more fields to the selection list?

In the tasks and projects you cannot select the requested user like in Incidents and Requests.

Thank You
Kind Regards
Charl
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Charl,

You cannot add more fields than what is already available, aside for creating custom fields to this module.

Can you clarify how you would use the Request User field in Tasks/Projects, and where specifically - tasks or projects?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your feedback.

We use projects and tasks a little bit different than what i think it is intended for. Our End Users are our customers in the field. Lets say that we have a newly signed-up customer Sammy's SuperStore and we need to implement a integration solution.

We will create the project and will then create tasks that is then assigned to different administrators depending on the task requirement and department that deals with the specific software area.

I have received a request from our technical manager to add the End User to the form for selection.

This requests was for tasks as well as you can add a task without a project. Let's say there is a task to Upgrade SQL Server at the store to then use a task.

At the moment there is no way to indicate for what store this project is so the admin won't necessary know where he needs to do the required work.

The reason for this is to not log an incident or a request for reporting purposes.

If this is not possible then I can add a free text form column that they can use to put in the customer name.

Thank You
Kind Regards
Charl
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed, you can use a free form text field in this case. Otherwise, I believe our Professional Services team can help you with a custom project for a user-selection field. Please contact your account manager on this topic.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Thank you, I will discuss the different options with the Technical Manager and will contact our Account Manager should need be.

Thanks again
Regards
Charl