Two almost identical email rules, one works, the other not.

Author

I have two email rules, almost identical.

The differences are:

a) rule name
b) incoming email address
c) subcategory

Everything else is the same. The default email rule works fine. But the second is not working. In the first rule is disabled the option "If this rule is applied, do not apply further email rules".

When an email is send to the incoming email: it is read, because I can see the email is moved from inbox to deleted items, but no ticket is created and the notification emails are not send.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?
SysAider

Hello Ramgs,

If you go into your Email Integration settings for the email address that is listed on the rule that doesn't work, and run the test for incoming and outgoing servers do those tests pass? Or does it fail and say something is wrong with the credentials? Also could you upload screenshots of your email rule that does not work?

Alan
SysAider

Hello Alan,

Both tests are successful.

I send you by private message the screenshot of the email rule configuration.

Regards,

Ramiro.
SysAider

Hello Ramiro,

I looked at the image and I would recommend changing the email rule so it doesn't assign to anyone temporarily. That way you can test if the ticket is being created but not assigned right, or if it's being filtered out by another setting.

The other question I have is if the email you have set up for integration on that email rule is set up to be an unattended email that doesn't receive messages? I noticed in the screenshot that it says "No Reply" in the description of the email. Are there settings on the email to not allow for incoming mail because that will stop the rule from being able to create tickets as well.
SysAider

The email is unattended, but don't have any special limitation.

Doing the test:

a) Set the "assignt to" to "Do not change"
b) Send email to the configured email account
c) I could see the new email in the "inbox" of the email account
d) One minute after, the email disappears from the inbox and appears in the trash bin.
e) but no ticket is created

SysAider

Hello Ramiro,

So there is a setting on the email that is moving that from the inbox to the trash. Because this happens so fast the Sysaid scheduler doesn't have time to grab it and create a ticket. The scheduler runs between 5-10 minutes so I would recommend to either stop the email from auto deleting the emails that come in, or if you can, extend the time it lets an email stay in the inbox to be over 15 minutes to be safe. This will ensure Sysaid has the maximum amount of time to take that new email and create a ticket in the system before the email settings cause the new message to be deleted.
SysAider

Something is very weird here...

Trying to probe your point...

a) Created a new email address sdtest@mydomain.com
b) Created a new email integration setting
c) Created a new email rule (in second place in the list, the rule not working became third place)
d) I did send email to sdtest@mydomain.com
e) The email appears in inbox and immediately dissapears, not even in trash bin was found
e) One ticket is created without assignment and without category/subcategory
f) Then I realize that the email rule was not enabled... weird...

So... I decided to:

a) Delete email integration settings for old email address
b) Modify the email integration (created in previous list - task b) and put the original email address replacing sdtest@mydomain.com
c) Delete the mail rule of sdtest@mydomain.com, now the "not working" rule became second place
d) Modify the mail rule to use the new configured mail integration setting (b)
e) Now it works

My hypothesis: the email integration setting was someway corrupt.
SysAider

Ramiro,

Do you have your integration set up with POP or IMAP settings?
SysAider

Incoming email by EWS. Both email accounts.

By the way... OWA also works.
SysAider

Interesting. Well as long as it is working now that is what matters.
SysAider

Yes.

Thank you, very much for your help. The conversation and ideas were very valuable.

Ramiro