Customisation

Author

Hi There...

Are there any useful resources as to customising the user interface of Sysaid? I'd really like this to fit in with my Intranet, but i can't help but feel it's hardwork to actually change the layout of the pages...

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks
Pete
SysAid Wiz

Hello Pete.

SysAid end user portal is based on HTML, so its design is completely customizable with regular HTML and CSS code.

If you would like to receive more instructions on customizing SysAid HTML code, you can refer to it at: https://www.sysaid.com/customize.htm
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Fantastic - thanks Haim

Pete
SysAid Wiz

Any time
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

I've customized SysAid's color scheme, icons, and buttons to match the color scheme of our Intranet. Unfortunately (for me) I have to re-copy all of these customizations every time I upgrade or patch SysAid

It would be cool if there was a separate folder where I could store these custom icons and buttons and protect them from being overwritten during upgrades similar to the custom html folder.
SysAid Wiz

Actually, there is.

In our instructions, we recommend not to do the customization on the default HTML folder (\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\html) but to create a copy of folder and move all the files you have customized there, and then the customization will be saved when you upgrade it.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Hi Haim,

this works very well when modifying HTML sources directly, but how do you change CSS styles this way? The only stylesheet I see is loaded for all pages is "master.css", which is *outside* the customizable directory (in $(SYSAIDSERVERDIR)/root/css/ instead than in WEB-INF/conf/html).
The only way I found to customize styles for all pages is by copying each time I upgrade master.css back over the original one.

How can I avoid this?
Thanks!
----
Matteo Settenvini
Irimì srl
SysAider

Haim did you follow this up? If so could you please put how you followed this up so we all can refer to it.
Ori
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Any future upgrades shouldn't effect what you have already customize. After you edited it, please make a copy of it just for any scenario you may have.

Best Regards.
Ori Sharon.
Super SysAider

Can you take a capture of you costumizabled interface?

I would like to do that in our company and we like to see examples.